“Great atmosphere, disappointed in the food this time.”

Walker's American Grill and Tapas Bar
Ranked #7 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Fusion, American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Featuring a modern American menu inspired by Mediterranean cooking, influenced by local farmers and ranchers, and focusing on housemade freshness and simplicity. Regionally-brewed artisan ales and lagers, award-winning wine list specializing in the world's lesser-known gems, house-crafted cocktails using fresh juices, interesting infusions and classic technique. Commonly described as "Urban Montana" with features from over 20 local artists and craftsmen: barbed wire and hand-blown glass chandeliers, cattle guard bar rails, African mahogany and hand-forged metal bar. Attire includes everything from jeans to tuxedos. Walkers enthusiastically supports local farmers and ranchers, using local and regional ingredients whenever feasible. We are happy to have supported the following Montana producers: Special K Ranch, Three Hearts Farms, Marsh Gardens, Amaltheia Dairy, Kafe Utza, Montana Natural Lamb, Yellowstone Grassfed Beef and Bergie's Ice Cream.
Montana
“Great atmosphere, disappointed in the food this time.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've eaten at Walker's Grill several times, and have always been so pleased with everything I've had there. I had a cold watermelon soup that was one of the better food experiences I've ever had. Having said that, I was disappointed in December when I took my teenage daughter for the first time. She was impressed with the spacious, laid-back atmosphere. She ordered appetizer steamer clams, and we shared a plate of Pappardelle Con Funghi e Carne (similar to Beef Stroganoff). The clams were delicious. The Pappardelle pasta itself was delicious and the pan-seared beef tenders were carmelized well and were indeed very tender. However, the dish was all but inedible because it was so salty. I appreciate an entree that is well-salted, but the flavors were completely overwhelmed by the saltiness. I believe the chef used a madeira wine in the sauce, but that delicious touch was completely lost. I will go back, but not for awhile.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank KimberMontana

Tampa, Florida
“YUM!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

That should say it all but let me expound! YUM! YUM! YUM! One of the best meals I have ever eaten! We shared the goat cheese truffle tapas, very nice! Lots of aged balsamic! And we both had the soup of the day, Lobster Bisque, quite nice! Hubby had a creole pasta dish that he said was very good. (In the end, I was too full to even taste it but he definitely like it). I had the BISON OSSO BUCCO and thought I had died and gone to heaven! Tender (try getting that out of bison!), the demi glace was delisioso and they served it with a roasted bone marrow (in the bone)… had never tried bone marrow, always wanted to… OMG! Definitely one of the YUMS! We were way to stuffed to even think about dessert but the couple next to us was ohhing and ahhing over their creme brulee! LOL! Service… our drinks, tapas and soups came out in a very timely manner but our main course was a little delayed. But, in their defense, they had 3 very large parties celebrating various events so i'll give them a pass. The atmosphere was perfect! Great ambient lighting and decor. The next time we visit our kids I think we will fly into Billings again just so we can eat at Walker's!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sweethings
Buffalo, Wyoming
“Classical Restaurant”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

While classical is my first impression, one also
intreprets the patrons are from a eclectic group
of mainly locals either finishing up their work day
or the theatre crowd going to a concert.

Visited November 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“inspired appetizers”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

attracted by the decor through the window my lady and i ventured in. what a pleasant surprise.being from nyc i wasn't expecting too much good food in billings,mt.we only had appetizers at the bar but the bartender was quite helpful in describing what they were.when they arrived they were better than he told us they would be.it was tuesday evening (nov. 27th and the bartender was a young man (unfortunately forget his name).he was passionate about the food and sold us as we were undecided about eating.i told his manager what an asset he is to his restaurant.came back the next night and he wasn't there. we were a little disappointed that he wasn't there and left more disappointed as the young lady behind the bar9short blonde with black glasses) needs some tips on welcoming guests.i also observed her drinking a glass of wine behind the bar at the service area closest to the street.maybe she should have had another as it may have helped her personality. we tried as many of the restaurants that we could and walkers was far and away the best choice in billings.definitely will go back and compliments to the chef..

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank STOINK31
Billings, Montana
“Happy anniversary to us!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We came here for our 32nd anniversary. The decor reflects a beautiful rustic elegance. I ordered the Bison Osso Bucco and it was rich and savory and tender. We were surprised with a complementary anniversary dessert and a card signed by the staff. We love to just go in the lounge and snack on tapas and appetizers and enjoy a glass of wine with friends. Centrally located in downtown Billings and a great restaurant to try if you are visiting at one of the downtown hotels. Reservations are recommended for the dining room.

Visited June 2012