“Food, Service, Ambiance..Absolutely Divine”

Walker's American Grill and Tapas Bar
Ranked #8 of 355 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Featuring a modern American menu inspired by Mediterranean cooking, influenced by local farmers and ranchers, and focusing on housemade freshness and simplicity. Regionally-brewed artisan ales and lagers, award-winning wine list specializing in the world's lesser-known gems, house-crafted cocktails using fresh juices, interesting infusions and classic technique. Commonly described as "Urban Montana" with features from over 20 local artists and craftsmen: barbed wire and hand-blown glass chandeliers, cattle guard bar rails, African mahogany and hand-forged metal bar. Attire includes everything from jeans to tuxedos. Walkers enthusiastically supports local farmers and ranchers, using local and regional ingredients whenever feasible. We are happy to have supported the following Montana producers: Special K Ranch, Three Hearts Farms, Marsh Gardens, Amaltheia Dairy, Kafe Utza, Montana Natural Lamb, Yellowstone Grassfed Beef and Bergie's Ice Cream.
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I ate with my family here for my 12th anniversary and had an exquisite time. We were greeted immediately and offered a beverage at the bar while our table was prepared. Our daughter was given attention by the hostess who brought over crayons and a booster seat-- which I hadn't ever realized they even offered at the restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious, and I recommend the Buffalo Osso Bucco to everyone who mentions going there. Our service was top-notch from beginning to end; ask for Crystal. She was knowledgeable about each and every food item and advised us on everything from size of dinner portions to wine pairing, even going the extra mile to talk to the Chef about dairy-free options for my mother. I was so impressed at her professionalism and confidence, and I really feel that this is the kind of service people can expect from Walkers Grill. We will be celebrating many occasions with the Walkers staff, guaranteed-- Thank you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Have been traveling to Billings for over a year and typically stay off King Drive, but stayed downtown this trip and tried Walker's. This is a nice and attractive restaurant with good service. My focus was on tapas, which were categorized as cold and hot. The "cold" roasted beet tapa was spectacular (roasted beets, Humboldt Fog cheese, dendelion vinaigrette, and pepitas). I also had two hot tapas: clams and tenderloin soft tacos. Both were acceptable, but lacked bold flavor. About 40% of the hota tapas were pizzas, which are atypical tapas. Very good selection of draft beers and other spirits and definitiely worth exploring further.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

A fine selection of food and wine with live jazz (on Sunday night) made for a delightful evening.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have been to Walkers several times and find that I become more and more disappointed! The food, which once was phenomenal, is vastly becoming sub-marginal. Its tasteless, overcooked, and disgusting.

The only thing I can honestly say I enjoy is the environment and the service, which is quite good.

2  Thank jjw129
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I were on a car tour of Montana with his cousin and tried to sample local restaurants, as opposed to chains. We opted for Walker's based on the reviews found here on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. They accepted our 8PM reservation and seated us immediately when we arrived. Water and bread were served as we were seated and our server appeared with detailed descriptions of the specials for the night. We decided to try their tapas so we could sample more from the menu. We ordered five dishes - deep fried calamari, beets with goat cheese, Walker salad, mini tacos with filet mignon and a tomato, basil and cheese pizza. The three of us weren't able to finish all the food.
The restaurant has a very classy feel yet many were casually dressed in jeans, the clientele older. The food was excellent and well presented, the service excellent, although there were a few times when it lagged [waiting for our drinks to arrive and later, waiting for the check]. All in all, a very nice evening and I would return to try other items.