“wonderful”
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Cherry Tree Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Billings B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have been coming to the cherry tree inn since Feb 2012 when my friend was diagnosed with cancer. They have always been GREAT. Wi-fi works great, employees are super friendly, rooms are clean what else could you ask for?? My dogs were welcomed and given treats on check in we really appreciate this place. Would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna M

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times over the years and most recently July 7&8, 2013. The rooms are very reasonably priced and the rooms have been updated and as usual very clean and comfortable. The location is excellent to the hospitals and Dehler Park for baseball and also downtown establishments. I highly recommend this place when your in Billings.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had an early-morning doctor appointment, so selected this hotel for location and price. The location was excellent. My doctor's office at Billings Clinic was literally only one door down from the hotel. The price was great - under $60 (with tax). The room was very clean, except for a little mold/mildew on the caulking around the tub, but that's almost impossible to prevent. The bed was comfortable and attractively decorated. The furniture was nice. There are a number of antiques and other items displayed in/around the lobby that are interesting and give the the hotel a unique feel. Really quite nice, especially for the price. The lady who checked me out was very friendly. So......this was all good.

Just a couple of things that were not so good. The person who checked me in. I arrived around 9:30 p.m., and the gentleman behind th counter seemed truly annoyed that I was there. Quite unfriendly. I tried to stay positive and made a couple of comments to try and lighten the mood, but he was very obviously annoyed by my presence and just wanted me gone from his desk. After I got to my room, I discovered there was a username and password required for the internet, which was not available in the room, and not provided to me at check-in, so I called the desk. Again, the gentleman was very rude, and told me I had to go down to the front desk to get the username and password because he "had to print it out." I didn't mind going to the desk for the information, but really, he could have given it to me over the phone, mentioned it at check-in, or at least been at least a little polite. I really wonder if maybe this person should consider an occupation that does not involve contact with people, as he really seems to not like people very much.

The continental breakfast was not great. It includd the high carb. items that most low budget continental breakfasts include.....rolls, bread, muffins, juice, coffee. I think there was a waffle iron in the lobby. However, for the price, a person probably should not expect much more.

One other thing i should mention that might be important to some people.....the t.v. sets are old. Not flat screen. Didn't matter to me, but might be an issue for some.

Overall, I would stay here again. It is a good value, great location, and next time, i'll just walk half a block to Perkins for breakfast. I'll just be sure to try and check in early so I don't have to encounter the grumpy gentleman.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Cheap room, but very comfortable bed, very clean room. New carpet in the room - but the hallway carpet sure could use updating. Free wi-fi came in handy. I would not recommend the free breakfast, but it is there. I was visiting the hospital right across the street and this place was very convenient. Interesting collection of minerals and fossils in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here recently and were very impressed. The staff were very friendly and the room was lovely and very quiet. Breakfast was just coffee, toast or doughnuts but it was better than nothing. The place was very clean and it was also near a Perkins restaurant which was very handy for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank POBDublin
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place is wonderful! Clean and the staff was EXCELLENT and love the fact the place is pet friendly!!!!!! this is wonderfully priced and soooooo great with the price! stay here, u will be happy and satisfied! Great location too!!!!

Room Tip: if ur a smoker, rent a room by the door...cause no smoking! (which is good for non smokers ) but was...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just stayed here at the cherry tree inn over the last several days. I found the facility to be clean but worn and an exceptional value for 55 or so a night! No smoking signs are everywhere and I think previous comments have been taken to heart by management, although admittedly being a smoker my nose is accustomed to it. i didnt witness anyone smoking inside or near entrances. Breakfast was adequate for me, coffee and donuts. I saw a wafflemaker down the hall next to the lobby so maybe they're trying to provide some more variety. Room was cool and dark, a welcome condition when it was 106 deg outside. all appliances, tv and such, seemed to be in good working order with no problems noted. I'd stay here again in a heart beat over another downtown option as the Cherry tree inn is closer to the hospital and again, I though an exceptional value at under 60 bucks. Hopefully they wont read this and up their prices!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo