“Great family place”

Billings C'mon Inn Hotel
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed August 22, 2013

this is one of those hotels with a greenery in the large common area, a lot of hot tubs, big pool, large pool, good breakfast. Very nice. Room w large and cmfortable. Probably especially good for families.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel. The indoor courtyard was so unique. It is filled with waterfalls, rocks, vegetation, a little bridge, a coy pond, and about 5 small hot tubs. Rooms overlooked the area.

Check in was a breeze. The front desk staff were so friendly, gave our 6 year old son fish food to feed the coy, and offered us fresh baked cookies (still warm).

We selected a main floor room facing the courtyard as we thought our son would enjoy it. The room had two doors--one to the hotel hallway and the other door directly to the courtyard where there was a hot tub about 5 feet away from us. Each main floor room has a patio table with four chairs which was nice. We ate breakfast there as well as watched our son play in the hot tub (temperature was like a really warm bath so kids seemed to like them).

Our room was very large, with two queen size, pillow-top beds that were extremely comfortable (best bed I've slept in). The room was equipped with fridge, microwave, table with 2 chairs, and a 42 inch flat screen TV with satellite HD service. The bathroom was also a good size. The room looked like it had been recently refurbished and was nicely decorated and very clean.

The pool area was separate from the courtyard. The pool was quite large and very warm. There was also a small children's wading pool and small hot tub. Again, super clean.

Breakfast was very good, Eggs, sausage, hashbrowns (a little salty) and make your own pancakes. Plus cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, milk, juices, coffee, apples, oranges, bananas, muffins. A really excellent spread.

The location of the hotel is very convenient with a Denny's right in the parking lot, an Outback and Fuddruckers within walking distance, and the Rimrock Mall only a short drive away.

Overall the hotel was very quiet. However, I would recommend not getting a room facing the courtyard if you are a light sleeper. We did hear people faintly until about 10:30 p.m. at night and starting at 7 a.m. Each morning some people would sit at our patio table in front of our room to eat breakfast so we could hear them. Not a big deal and I had expected to hear some noise because of the room we picked (but it was very minimal and any noise was outweighed by our son's enjoyment of being able to walk out right to the courtyard).

I would highly recommend this hotel. It's comfortable, modern, clean, provides excellent service, and gives a really unique hotel experience. Our son and all the other kids we saw just loved the coy pond and courtyard area. This is a must if you are staying in Billings.

Room Tip: Room facing the indoor courtyard may be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MonkeyG
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We needed a place to stay one night in Billings and had no reservations. We ended up at the C'mon Inn (we had never heard of the chain before) and found it to be a wonderful place. There are 5 hot tubs so it was easy to find one that was unoccupied. The rooms were great and the free breakfast was decent (eggs, breakfast meats, etc.). Only drawback is that there were no elevators and we were on the second floor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

What a wonderful surprise...I wish there were more of these hotels on my trips! After reading other Yelper's notes, we cancelled a reservation, to make this one, and we are SO glad we did. Bethany was so helpful and friendly on the phone that we knew we had made the right choice. He is lounging in the recliner, and I am lounging in the firm plushly dressed bed, watching the big screen tv. So glad to be here.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BillingsVeritas, Manager at Billings C'mon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello,

What a treat to know that you had such a great time at our facility. The staff and I are very proud of this hotel and reponses like yours helps us know we are doing things right. I will show Bethany this post as I know she will be very happy to know that her job here is appreciated not only by me but our guest. Please come back again and we will continue to strive for excellence. Thank You.

Nathan Boshart

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay here. The interior decor of the hotel was really neat and added to our 'western' experience. The waterfalls, rock features, wood beams and koi pond were really nice. Our room was interior courtyard facing on the 2nd floor. We didn't experience any noise from the courtyard in the evening. Our room was at the end of the hall so our 'deck' was larger than the others and covered the whole corner. It had a large 4 seat table which was more than what I saw on some other decks. The room was very large and there was plenty of room for our 5 suitcases. The beds were comfy and the towels were very plush. The room was very clean, had a nice large flat screen tv, and the air conditioning worked fine. The free breakfast was ok. The kids really enjoyed the pancake making machine. We thought there was a nice selection for a continental breakfast. However the breakfast at the Bozeman C'mon Inn had more selection including more hot items like scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes, which we thought was a better breakfast.
The front desk staff were very nice and efficient.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay, we would recommend the hotel, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Deborah A
BillingsVeritas, General Manager at Billings C'mon Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for all the great cmpliments. Looks like from reading your post that you must have just missed our opening of the new breakfast bar. We now serve bacon, eggs, potatoes and all the other good stuff. So please come back for that. Thank you again for your post and we look forward to you coming back. Take care and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The facility is very nice. I was not really interested in the water features, but it would be great if you have kids. I had printed out the map to the facility and am usually good with map reading, but it would have been better if I had emailed asking for directions as I did not see them on the website. (I guess everyone but me has GPS??) I got off the correct exit from the Interstate, but missed the turn on to King W. so had a slight diversion. The hotel does smell slightly of chlorine as you enter, but with all the pools that is not surprising. The room itself did not have a chlorine smell. I was on the 2nd floor, west side and there was some road noise but it doesn't sound like it was bad compared to some of the courtyard facing rooms. The bed was very comfortable, wifi worked great, plug available next to the bed for charging the phone. Check in and check out staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was fine and set up early, so I just grabbed a bagel and fruit and headed toward Beartooth Highway! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Read the other reviews about courtyard noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We couldn't find a room in Billings because of a sporting event, but we were able to get the last room at C'mon Inn. The price was higher than we like to pay ($140 including tax), but we were so grateful to have somewhere to stay!

Then I looked around - WOW! There is an inside "courtyard" with hot tubs, trees, and even a fish pond! I have never seen anything like it. Our room had one door to the hall, and the other door opened right into the courtyard, so you could walk out your door and into a hot tub. The pool was also indoors at the end of the courtyard.

They have laundry facilities in case you need to do your laundry, and the staff was pleasant. The room was nice and clean.

HOWEVER, we were awakened at 7:40 by people sitting right outside our door talking. They were right outside, as in a foot or so from the door and window facing the courtyard. They were talking at a normal volume level, but we could hear everything they were saying. . . and I was in the bed farthest from them! I was probably around 15 - 20 feet from them. The voices did not let up, so we were not able to get any more sleep. I was so tired! In addition to the voices, children began screaming in the pools around the same time, since the pools open very early. The screaming echoed all throughout the courtyard.

Breakfast: when I got to the breakfast, there were 3 pieces of bread, some unappealing muffins, a couple other things, and a lot of emptiness on the tables. But I was so tired from the lack of sleep that I didn't care - I just got a glass of water and left.

This stay started out so well, but I ended up hating it because of the lack of noise insulation for the room. The hotel's concept is so great that, but they need to spend the extra money to properly noise-proof the inner rooms. I need to SLEEP when I pay that much for a hotel room!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family