“Hidden Gem, Best beds EVER!”

Billings C'mon Inn Hotel
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Oregon
“Hidden Gem, Best beds EVER!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was tired when I booked this hotel and was almost going to click on Crown Plaza and saw one little review that said hard bed at Crown Plaza. I was over it that fast.

I had never heard of this small chain, but every single hotel in America needs to figure it out like they have. It is about the BEDS!

They are right off the freeway and by a train track that is true, but never once heard either. This is a unique little place that surprised my husband, Shawn, and I. While waiting in a small line, we could see the hotel is not like any we have been in before.

It is a two story hotel with an enclosed courtyard, with waterfall, koi pond and several hot tubs. Some upstairs rooms have balconies with patio furniture that face the koi pond, with koi so big it looks like they have eaten well for a while.

Check-in went great, they were really friendly to us and I had requested a lower floor because I read they had no elevator. I also asked for a quiet room because some reviews online said it could get loud. There are rooms that face the pond/waterfall and trees, which it is lush looking, for sure and others that are right behind those in a hallway.

We walked around the pond area and saw they have several hot tubs tucked into corners, like you are in a little cave and each one had a patio table with umbrella... you go Billing's MT. The pool was towards the back and on the other side of a big glass wall and more hot tubs in there. On the way back we saw a door tucked back into the rocks and saw it was a game room. Sheer cool factor made me want to go game right then and there.

Impressive, for $108 a night. We get to the room, and it has a leather lazy-boy chair in there and flat screen 42" tv that has a fair amount of good channels. We both laughed when we opened the largest mini fridge in the history of hotel rooms, complete with crisper drawer. Yeah, in case you are missing the salads at home I guess. But really impressed. The microwave was above it.

The room was spotless but we had not hit the bed yet but once we did, it was a five star slam. We talk about the beds at the River Rock Casino being the best hotel bed ever. The ones they sell you for $1600. This bed was actually better than that, and I didn't think it was possible. Who would have thought the little chain hotel by the rail road tracks would deliver like that?! I wish they were sprinkled liberally throughout, but it seems they are mostly in Montana and Wyoming.

It was hard to get out of that bed to go eat the included breakfast, but they had a cute little set up. They had french toast with real hot maple syrup, four kinds of juices, boiled eggs, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt cups. You can take a tray and take it to your room, if you don't want to sit on a patio table in the lobby. The counters are right in the courtyard and so that put one of the rooms along side it. This could be good or bad if you booked that room; one the noise might be bad 4 feet from the service counter or awesome because you only walked 4 feet to get an all you can eat breakfast.

If you don't like the sound of the small breakfast, Denny's is literally right outside the door and looked pretty new.

Room Tip: There are not elevators at this location.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Williston, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful! Good continental breakfast. Easy access to great restaurants and shopping! We stayed poolside, but was still quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lori K
Arlee, Montana
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was attending a conference in Billings and took my kids (ages 7 and 9) along. The conference hotel did not have a pool, so I selected Cmon Inn for our stay. Every person I dealt with was friendly and patient with the kids. There is a great breakfast, a koi pond (they'll let the kids feed them in the morning!) 4 hot tubs in the atrium, and a nice sized pool - and baby pool and hot tub in a glassed-in area. They gave us a room that opened on to the atrium, which was great until 9 pm when some adults decided to get a little rowdy in one of the hot tubs. We got over it though. The rooms are large and clean with comfortable bedding. Even the cleaning staff made a cute "sculpture" out of the kids' stuffed animals when they tidied up. I can't think of anything to improve!

Room Tip: Choose an atrium room only if prepared for some late evening noise from revelers
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AnnaBaldwin
Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We recently spent one night at the C'mon Inn in Billings. Great location, close to many restaurants and the room was lovely. We had a room on the backside of the building so heard no noise from the pool and hot tub area. Complimentary breakfast was good but he area seemed a bit small for the amount of people staying. Very clean hotel and I will stay here again next time I am in the Billings area.

Room Tip: If you want room access to the pool or hot tub area then you should request a courtyard room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife and I loved this hotel. We had an upper floor room next to the the hot tub area. We had a balcony overlooking the hot tubs, waterfall and fish pond area. Very, very nice. The room was well maintained, big tv, good beds, good bathrooms. The only thing that I would for warn you of is that if you have a room next to the hot tub area, understand you are next to a pool like area with lots of acoustical echo. So in the early morning, people will let there kids play and it can become kind of noisy early in the morning. Otherwise, this was an awesome place for the price. And real close to a good Chinese restaurant.

Room Tip: Maybe stay in a room away from the hot tub/pool area to avoid early morning wake up.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sterlinglee38
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We recently stayed at the C'mon Inn in Billings for four days over Christmas break. I chose it because of the reviews on this site...looked like a fun place to take my teenage boys. We were combining a doctor's appointment trip with a stop at Red Lodge for a day of snowboarding. We enjoyed our stay there, there were a few things that stood out. The front desk staff is professional, we got a room with a hot tub out front luckily, because I didnt think to ask for it. They only gave us one night medical rate, as opposed to the three other hotels we stayed in in Billings, who discounted the whole stay. Not that big a deal, as the room was reasonable to begin with (89 dollars US, on Christmas break no less). The hot tub right outside the room was cool, most of the time there was no one else using it. But HOLY &%$T the chlorine!!!! It was unreal! Still felt good to sit in, and the pool was nice and warm, too, in a nice glassed-in room so you don't have to listen to kids screaming. The room was very clean, modern, with microwave and fridge. Spotless!
The housekeeping staff at this hotel is exceptional. I think that housekeepers are so underappreciated, if they do a good job, no one notices, but if they don't, oh boy! I stopped in the hall to tell one of the maids that we didnt need our room done but asked for conditioner. She gave me three or four, then handed me more soap, and gave me more clean towels, all with a big smile and asked what else she could do. The next day, I asked her for something else and again, all smiles and help. I wish I had gotten her name! (Mid twenties, brunette with a ponytail)
The breakfast was really good in the morning, there was something for everyone, cold items were on ice, everything was spotless, great coffee. My family really enjoyed this hotel, which is good, because we boarded our dog in a kennel in Billings to stay there, as they do not allow pets, and we really wanted to check this place out because it sounded pretty great. It lived up to its reputation. We will be back! And one more note, we had a dead battery on our vehicle, and I told the front desk, a little nervous because a previous reviewer claimed they wouldn't give her a jump. No worries, though,the manager had cables and had us on the road in no time. Above and beyond.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you want to have a hot tub right outside your door.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mudvaynemom
Garneill
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at the C'Mon Inn in Billings several times. It is like an old friend, familar and comfortable. We always have had a pleasant stay, a good night's sleep and breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main floor near the pool, are a bit noisier if kids are in the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business