“Very relaxing restaurant with great food”

Red Robin America's Gourmet Burgers and Spirits
Ranked #162 of 349 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Tracy, Minnesota
“Very relaxing restaurant with great food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a long drive that day and stopped at the Red Robin and enjoyed the deserts and ice cream drinks. Very nice place and the service was good. Always enjoy eating at Red Robin restaurants.

Billings, Montana
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've eaten here a handful of times, usually for the free birthday burgers. There always seems to be a 10 minute line, but that's not uncommon at restaurants in town. The service has always been good as well as the food. We are always full and never ask for a refill on the fries. We were shocked at the end as they offered all 7 of us free desserts because the food took a while to arrive. These are $8 desserts so we were happy. They are currently moving to a new location within the Westpark Promenade so hopefully they will have more room to cut down wait time.

• Visited June 2013
“Would not go out of my way to stop here again”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Service was fine, but the food and drinks were lacking. I ordered a margarita and it was terrible. Had to send it back. I also ordered a BBQ wrap when it came out there was no BBQ just ranch. I will not be going back anytime soon

• Visited July 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped in for a late supper. Even though they offer bottomless fries, we were stuffed after eating our burgers and fries. Service was good and food was great. I would recommend this restaurant - especially for families.

• Visited June 2013
“Not a good day at Red Robin”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting relatives in Billings, as we do twice a year. We were looking for a decent place to treat my husband's 88 year old dad for lunch. I suggested Red Robin. We hadn't gone there in Billings but were occasional customers to their restaurants in Washington, where the chain was born.

The waitress (the first of 3), started off by giving us a little card where we could go online to immediately give our feedback about their service. You would think that would be an incentive to strive for excellent service.

We placed our orders and then waited and waited for our lunch. I didn't time it exactly but it was at least a half hour for a not very busy restaurant.

We finally flagged down another waitress because the first one had disappeared. She checked on our order and said it would be out shortly. We waited another 10 minutes. A third waitress actually delivered our food and an apology for the delay. She indicated there had been some problem in the kitchen. My husband had requested no cheese on his sandwich. The waitress said she would bring a new sandwich without the cheese. My husband tried to joke with her about just what the problem was in the kitchen. She indicated it was an immigration problem.

My husband's dad went to the restroom before the food was delivered. By the time he returned to the table, his soup had cooled. He complained to the waitress and she said they would bring him a new bowl. He continued to eat the cooled soup until they brought a new bowl.

Our experience must have reached the manager because the waitress took $25 off our bill and gave us a $10 gift card.

I hope they got their immigration problem figured out and have hired legal workers by now. I don't think we'll be back.