“Beautiful hotel - excellent service”
Review of Northern Hotel

Northern Hotel
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Billings
AZ
“Beautiful hotel - excellent service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The beds are incredibly comfortable! The room was fantastic. We were traveling with kids and planned on 2 rooms - when I called the hotel, I learned that there are a couple of 2 bedroom rooms. It was exactly what we needed.

The gift shop carries products made by local artisans. Great quality and prices!

The dinner restaurant was excellent - for adults. A couple of kid friendly (simple) food options would make it more appealing to traveling families. Same for breakfast. The food was great but a kids idea of pancakes are basic flavors.

Great service and a beautiful hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank creedAz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

There on business so was pleasantly surprised by this newly renovated hotel. My room was large and nicely equipped (no coffee pot-but I didn't care the pillows made up for it) I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SuzBob2011
billings
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a getaway for my wife while I watched the kids. The price was good for any decent hotel, but this has several features that make it an outstanding value. As you approach you are greeted by a doorman that opens the door and a bellhop will assist you with luggage, they also gave valet parking. As you enter the lobby you are greeted with fresh flowers and a unique fire feature. The rooms are nicely appointed with comfy beds. My wife ordered room service with she found delicious, she also had champagne and chocolate strawberries. If you want to dine in the hotels restaurants they are great, or you are right downtown in easy walking distance to lots if pubs, bars, and other fine dining.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank jon g
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As a downtown business owner, I've eaten at the restaurant, TEN, a few times, and booked rooms for clients twice. The new Northern lives up to everything the Nelsons promised, and I've been pleasantly surprised at the reasonable room rates. The modern-meets-old-western practical opulence is fun. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, but there's room service, and the parking is valet-only, it's tucked into the downtown heart. The rooms are quiet, aesthetically pleasing, the views are spectacular, service is enthusiastic. TEN is my new Billings favorite; innovative top notch menu, elegant experience that's booked for anniversaries and occasions, comfortable bar. It's one of the few places you'll find open on Monday. Have the scallops. Try the duck. Excellent mojitos. Coup de grace.. there's a dessert that involves candied bacon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Juliane144
Powell, Wyoming
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First of all, I think I got the best night of sleep in my entire life here. The beds were so comfy... I think I want one of my own. The rooms are fairly average priced for Billings. A few weekends before, I had stayed at the comfort in which was horrible and noisy and that room was more expensive than the Northern.
At the Northern, the beds are wonderful and the the bathrooms are very up to date. We did not have a tub in our room, which is fine with me since the showers were very nice. There were even robes to wear while staying at the hotel. There are no coffee pots in to rooms, but I generally don't make coffee in the morning unless I need the caffiene jolt (which I didn't because I was well rested) . There is a Starbucks around the corner if you need it.
Parking you are NOT required to use the valet. You can park on the street or in one of the garages in downtown Billings. Which the staff will gladly tell you. Downtown Billing does have some bums but your vehicles are generally safe, just be sure to lock your doors and keep valubles out of site (as with any city).
The location of the hotel is also wonderful. Downtown Billings has a lot to offer including great dining and shopping availibilities. I love staying in the downtown hotels for this reason.
The service at the Northern was amazing, they were so helpful with every aspect of our stay. We even were delivered a Billings newspaper the following morning. I loved every bit of the Northern. They even try to bring in some of its history with the ranchers with the artwork in the rooms. The lobby is also stunning with the sitting areas and fireplace.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank breeannw
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Such a great, comfortable, lovely place to stay! The room is clean and tastefully decorated. I requested a shuttle pick up for my brother's later arrival at the airport. There was no one from Northern there when he arrived. I asked the front desk about it and they sent someone immediately. Upon my brother's arrival at the hotel, we were met with someone apologizing for the inconvenience and offered breakfast for two. I totally appreciated that they addressed their mistake head on and made amends. I do understand mistakes are made and would've asked no more, but appreciate their straightforward approach to solving a problem with a guest. I'm so happy to have this as my temporary residence in Billings!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lambokitty
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This Hotel is absolutely Horrible, we stayed at the Northern during the PBR rodeo and the experience was unpleasant. When you arrive you have to use there Valet service which can be a problem if you forgot something in your vehicle, which actually happened to us.. We always carry a spare key so after we checked in I asked the valet driver who was very nice by the way on where they parked my vehicle they told me it was a few blocks away on a " secure " lot..when I arrived I noticed there was no security in the guard house and there were bums walking around looking into the windows of parked cars...Great, any I came back and noticed are room was small..yes it looked nice but the furniture had a bad smell and there were bugs flying around everywhere.

We had dinner the the service was poor, I don't blame out waiter I just think the kitchen is slow because by the time we received our food is was between Lukewarm and cold and our food smelled like cigarets.. Turns out the ally next to the Northern is the smoking section for there employees and right next to the dumpster...classy

It's not a 4 star hotel, it should be a one star..I've been all over the world and this is by far the worst I've ever seen...i recommend you try the Crown Plaza or the Best Western.

Also they do not reward you with points if your a business traveler.

Hope you enjoy Billings.