“Outstanding Food and Great Service”
Review of Benson's restaurant - CLOSED

Benson's restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Benson's on night before the fourth of July.For starters we ordered the ahi tuna appetizer which was absolutely fantastic! For main courses, my wife ordered the Thai Steak Salad and I oredered BBQ ribs glazed with a chokecherry sauce. Both of us were extremely satisfied with the quality and quantity of our meals. To say they were delicious is an understatement! Our server, Hanna, was exceptional! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I went there to celebrate a birthday. About the only thing I didn't like was the free loaf of bread before the meal - also, the salads become pre-dressed, so if you don't like that, be sure to tell them you want the dressing on the side. I had the special that evening, the Ribeye Delmonico - so delicious, we ate the whole thing. The chockecherry ribs fell off the bone.

We went for dinner, so the meal was a bit spendy - but comparable to the other casual fine dining restaurants in Billings. We definitely will be going back.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

After reading some of the reviews (most of which were out dated), my wife and I were unsure about trying this restaurant until she had lunch there with a group of friends. We made reservations and were pleasantly surprised. We were seated when we arrived, offered drinks shortly after being seated along with fresh bread. My wife asked for a gluten free menu and the waitress said the chef could make most of the items offerd gluten free. She also offered to bring my wife a serving of gluten free bread which was warm and very good. Wine list is small but priced well, we ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir which was good. After hearing about the specials we ordered the specially prepared steak and shared it, hoping to also order dessert. The meal came out hot and presented nicely. The service was prompt but not rushed and the meal was great. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great food, nice wine, great value. All that we were looking for in a rare night out. Only thing missing was dessert, which sounded great, no room for it this time, maybe next time. Our reservation was at 6:00 on a Friday evening and it was staffed perfectly and friendly.

1  Thank ital01
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have been there twice and each experience was disappointing. The first time there were very few people in the restaurant, bit only one waiter and service was very slow. The food was OK. We decided to give them another chance. This time there were more people and the service was better. But all the food, there were four of us, was cold when it came to the table. We sent some of it back, but that didn't really help. The manager apologized and gave us $5 gift cards, but I don't think we'll go back

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband, son and I went to dinner...we were excited to see what new ownership has done to this beautiful old building. Unfortunately we were greeted with a view of the staff out smoking out back and then coming in to serve us smelling like smoke. The bad service didn't end there,the waiter didn't know if they had kids menus or what type of wine was in house, he was so bad that we were flagging down other waiters to help us. My elk steak, and my husbands burger were completely dry. The Bruchetta was amazing though. The only thing that saves this place is the heart and dedication of the owner. She was so accomodating and kind. I hope she hires more people like her because this old house needs to have people who care again.

1  Thank J. C