“Unique breakfast… Delicious!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 25th. St N
Reviewed January 13, 2019

Unique breakfast… Delicious! Smaller venue in Billings on Montana Avenue. I’ve only been there a couple of times but if you want a special breakfast this is the place to go.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Great meal, unique and complex flavors. Lilac is a small quiet venue that provides an opportunity for conversation and great food. We really enjoyed the Braised leeks with ground lamb. It was delicious. I had the smoked tomato risotto for my main course . It was extremely flavorful and enough for my lunch the next day

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Great atmosphere, one of the best places to eat in Billings. Came for a birthday dinner and everything we ordered was fabulous.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018

It had been 2 years since we last visited Lilac because we didn't care for New Year's Eve dinner there then. This time it was Restaurant Week, so there was again a prepared menu, but you got to choose between 2-3 appetizers, entree' and desert. All of our choices were delicious. My husband is fussy about Ceasar salad and said it was the best he had had in a long time. He also said the crispy fried chicken was the best he ever had. I thought the shrimp with hearts of palm slaw and coconut sauce was amazing for an appetizer. The potato gnocchi and braised short ribs was delicious and I was pleased the meat was off the ribs and contained no fat at all. Of the two deserts the bread pudding with raspberry sauce and Earl Grey ice cream was the best. I didn't expect to like it because of the Earl Grey ice cream but the combination was great. The blackberry brickle with caramel sauce was also good, but not quite as good. We will definitely not let it be so long before we come back again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic special with a wonderful and unique Coho Salmon dish over a balanced base of mushrooms and beans and a great ribeye special accented Hatch chiles. Fantastic well-paired wines (we did by the glass). We really enjoyed what Jeremy and staff did with tomatoes in a couple of the unique starters (one with lobster and strawberries!). We also finished with a scrumptious cake/pudding desert that didn’t disappoint what-so-ever.

Date of visit: August 2018