“Service tends to be slow, make sure you aren't in a hurry.”
Review of Jake's Bar & Grill

Jake's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 354 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm a local and have eaten here several times, every time we have come to Jake's the service has been average at best. Don't get me wrong the staff is very friendly. But I would like to know where they disappear to after they take your order? It doesn't matter if I go in; during lunch, before the dinner rush, at the dinner rush, or late evening in the evening. I have yet to eat at Jake's and receive prompt service. The food is very good, but I don't think it is worth the wait.

1  Thank Mariah L

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were on the great American vacation - Yellowstone, Tetons, Mount Rushmore, Badlands, etc. Stopped to camp at Billings and after driving miles and miles through cattle range decided that we just had to try some top notch beef. At a local's recommendation we went to Jake's Bar & Grill - which is the new version of the classic Jake's located downtown. Fine for us since we needed the space to park our RV - easy at this suburbial location. Anyways other than being VERY DARK I must rave. I ordered a special sirloin (true prime) which was so tender that it mocks most filet mignons that I have ordered. All the sides were fabulous. Very good wine and beer selection. The bar was very popular and full but the noise did not filter into the restaurant. Comfortable quiet tables in a cozy setting for such a large restaurant. Our waitress was fun, knowledgeable, and patient. I would go back if I ever wander into beautiful Montana again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was my first visit to Jake's. I was on a tour with friends & we were staying overnight in Billings, Montana. Jake's was a short walk from our hotel. The ambiance was beautiful, western in decor. It could of been a bit brighter in there. We had a bot of difficulty reading our menus, but the food more than made up for it. I had a 6oz. sirloin that came with artichokes, mushrooms & lobster meat on top with a beefy type of glaze. All this was sitting on top of garlic mashed potatoes & mixed veggies on the side. The beef was juicy, soft, easy to cut & tasted out of this world. Jake's is pricey, but worth it. You get what you pay for. I highly recommend Jake's

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great restaurant with a very good menu. Everything I had was perfect. The staff was attentive and polite.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped in on a Monday, thinking it would be uncrowded, but were surprised to find folks waiting. When offered immediate seating on the patio, we took it. There were mussels on the menu from Chile, Cajun style. My wife ordered the steak salad. Service was prompt, friendly, and the mussels were delightful - spicy creamy sauce with a few noodles. My wife's steak salad was simply excellent as well. It was the perfect ending to a great Montana vacation, and we will surely go back again. This place rocks!