“Thin walls and noisy children spoil otherwise fantastic hotel”

SpringHill Suites Billings
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on a work assignment. The rooms are spacious, clean and updated - but the walls are too thin. It wasn't an issue during the week, but I also stayed here a Friday and Saturday night - when parents seem to take time off from disciplining their kids, allowing them to yell, jump and run through hotel hallways!

Aside from other guests' obnoxious children, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and the microwave/refrigerator is always a big hit with me. The breakfast spread is pretty extensive...scrambled eggs and sausage, make-your-own waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, bread/bagels, juice, coffee and cereal.

As someone who travels 80% of the year, I appreciate having a living area, so I don't have to do my laptop work from bed. The desk, sofa and side tables are great. Some rooms have HUGE walk-in closets - but lack good "drawer space" for folded clothes.

Charlie at the front desk is a gem. He went out of his way to make sure I got a copy of my receipt and really exhibited the kind of service I expect from a Marriott property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bradynut

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

For just an overnight stay, totally not worth the $$. The room was large, which is nice. It was clean, except for the coffee maker. :-/ The staff were functional, but not over-the-top for customer service. Overall, it was okay, but not worthy of a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What can I say, you know what you will get with a Springhill Suites and this one is no exception. Great location, great value, all facilities and excellent staff. Good restaurants nearby and easy to find.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is actually about the 6th time I have stayed here with my family and all other times have been good and as expected for a Springhill Suites Marriott. That is, clean modern rooms, decent free breakfast, free WiFi, indoor pool, nice open lobby area.

So, why not a higher rating? Well we had booked our reservation for two rooms for 4 nights (requested adjoining but that did not happen and we understand this is only possible if available at the time of check in so no big deal). Rooms were nice with newer décor, open functional space, 42" flatscreen TV, refrigerator and coffee maker.

The issue we had was that we kept having to get a new keycards everyday since the front desk staff could not seem figure out how to program our keycards for all four nights. Since we were on the 3rd floor (with kids), this turned out to be a big pain in the *ss having to go back to the front desk to get another keycard when the computer would time us out of the system at some random time each day.

The front desk staff blamed "the Computer" but when I told them I have stayed here before and at numerous other Marriott properties with no such issues, they had nothing more to say other than I am sorry. When I ask if they had reported this to someone who could possible fix it, they said the manager was aware of it (apparently to no avail).

Other than this inconvenience which we were reminded of everyday, the place is a good one to stay at. Location is on the south and west end of Billings right off of King Ave and I-90 so easy on and off I-90. Also, King Ave has numerous eating options from chain eateries to nicer places and Texas Road House and Hu Hot are adjacent to hotel. If you have activities or meeting downtown or on the North end of Billings (toward universities and Rims), there are closer equivalent of better hotel options but if just looking for nice off I-90 place, it good.

Breakfast bar was very good with many options. Your not going to find steak and eggs here of course, but enough starch stables, fruit and plenty of hot coffee to get you started (and of course its free).

I would normally give this place 4 out of 5 and will plan to stay here again but this trip was disappointing. Get "the Computer" fixed and I will consider raising my rating.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of the hotel are away from King ave and restaurants so are quieter. Higher...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ColdCorona
Reviewed May 19, 2013

2 steps from Texas roadhouse - literally. Nice, friendly, good breakfast. Caught whiffs of mold in bathroom and sink which took away from the cleanliness aspect. Comfortable bed and plenty of pillows to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a different room if you smell mold.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very happy with our stay here in April 2013. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, and very clean (which is my most important criteria. Good breakfast as well. Quiet area, near several dining options. Although the room had a micro and refridge, there was no other plates or untinsels, so it doesnt quite qualify as a "suite" in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HammerheadMontana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The sink being separate--open to the room and no privacy---from the toilet/shower area usually keeps me from staying at a Springhill Suites but when passing through Billings recently we gave this one a try. So glad we did!! Ok, so I put up with the no privacy at the sink thing, but the room is gorgeous and modern--a 'new' take on 1960's/1970's decor. No weird maroon patterned bedspreads and dark wood here. Crazy comfortable beds; loved the Ipod deck on the nightstand---could have used more outlets by the bed though, for chargers. Modern look to the breakfast area too and the take-out containers that are available were a thoughtful touch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple