“Not the most sanitary.........”

SpringHill Suites Billings
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Being a Marriott platinum member affords me the opportunity to see quite a few different properties. This one really stands out due to the number of issues that I found in my room. Upon arrival to my room the primary issue was the fresh and old urine stains found on the rear portion of the toilet seat. Just plain nasty!! I also found hair in my bathroom sink and numerous caked stains on certain areas on the wall.

Outside of the issues listed above the hotel is normally what you would expect from Marriott. It's in a great location and has numerous restaurants and major shopping nearby. I must admit after finding these issues in my room I did refuse to use any of the common areas. I definitely didn't eat the breakfast or use the small gym area due to the possibility of improper sanitation. The hotel does have an agreement with BAC (Billings Athletic Club) where you have access to a full gym for $7. It's decent and you have access to everything a normal gym would provide.

I'm not saying that this is a bad place to stay, but if you do be sure to make sure everything is cleaned properly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Billings

Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel is great! The exercise room is open 24-hours. The pool and whirlpool and pretty small but they were fine. The big disappointment was the internet. The wi-fi was very slow in the room and the signal was REALLY low. The wi-fi in the lobby was ok but still not what I expected. There were also two guest desktop computers in the lobby. These were terribly slow.There was one ethernet cable in our room for the computer. But still my ipod touch was really slow. The staff was friendly. The beds were great. They had the best hotel beds I've ever experienced. The location is good. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. If you've never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before... Its got very great layout rooms. with a couch etc. It's just a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

A decent place to stay. We got two rooms, one for us and one for our kids. Rooms were clean. We arrived very late and with the exception of the gentleman who checked us in, the staff was not impressive. As a pass through on our way to South Dakota it was adequate, but nothing spectacular.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This property runs about $20 higher than other Spring Hill Suites, but it is new, beautiful, and comfortable. It straddles the line between hotel and motel. Nice decor and upkeep. Staff not overly friendly, but efficient and cooperative. Worth the extra few bucks. Lots of dining, entertainment options nearby.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The rooms were clean. The free breakfast was good I'm told by colleagues as I didn't partake. I checked in for 30 days but stayed only a week. Forgot to check out upon departure and called back. Hotel charged me for extra days - I've done this before over the years and the Hotels always adjusted. I will return soon for 30 days or longer but will not stay here.

Also I didn't like their business center - no privacy for meetings or anything else. I liked the location and convenience to business and Resturants.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Comfortable, clean and with plenty of room for business or a family, this well appointed hotel provided a great nights sleep. Beds are soft with a large choice of pillow types. Rooms provide kitchenettes, separate living and sleeping areas and the sink is outside the Johnny. All good! Service was helpful, and corrected normal maintenance issues without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past. It is always a stop-over on a 2 day trip to Big Sky, MT. My husband is in the military, so we use the military rate. The rooms are spacious, hotel is easy to get to, pool is clean, and they serve a great breakfast. What we encountered this time was an additional charge of $10 per PERSON upon check-in. Completely defeated the "military" discount. Nothing was mentioned at the time of booking. Marriott states that this is not a policy. The hotel is allowed to do this. We don't plan to stay there again. There are cheaper hotels in the area that are just as nice. What a nice way to honor our servicemen ~ surprise them with a bogus charge!! Very poor customer service in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business