“An asset for the City in a lakeless area!”

Lake Elmo State Park
Ranked #11 of 63 things to do in Billings
Billings, Montana
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“An asset for the City in a lakeless area!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Headquarters for Region 5 of Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks with a small and interesting display of Montana fish and wildlife. The lake itself has a large variety of fish-trout, suckers, walleye, and panfish. There is a small dog park where you can swim with your dog!
There is a beach area, picnic area and the lake itself is good for boating (no power boats).
The park's features are reasonably well maintained and clean. On season there is staff on hand.

1 Thank Dick43_11

Billings
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Fun”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Growing up in Billings, MT, I have seen Lake Elmo in many conditions. I am very happy to bring all 3 of my children to the park now. When I was a child, it didn't really have a beach and you had to walk along way to get to the bathroom. Now, there is a nice beach (of course,not the "white sands" of a "Sandals" resort) no glass shards to watch out for and all users have been courtious and friendly! There are nice picnic areas and a very nice pier. Anyone who has grown up in Billings, can tell you how great this park is. Those who did not grow up here, they will talk about how it could be "better." I would say it is improved 110% from when I was a child and I'm only going to be 30 in August! If you decide to check it out, I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as me and mine do. For those of you who are questioning if I've ever been out of this state, yes I have!

4 Thank kmhatie
United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

i live in billings, mt and lets just say they could've picked a better spot for a state park. the entire lake is a [--]hole. no joke, when you get to the waters edge you can just smell the [--]and beer. yeah, thats montanians for you. but hey once you get past it its nice. good for the whole family, we just recently had someone drown in the lake. :-D

2 Thank ginkgos4sale