Open today: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
An Amazing Place

We stayed longer in Billings just so we could visit Moss Mansion, and it was well worth it. It is... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2018
GemmaTravels
Sydney
Moss Mansion

It was interesting, they have done an excellent job of making it all come alive. The gardens are... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
Sdiverwand
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Billings
All reviews original furnishings guided tour nice tour short video wall coverings waldorf astoria family history beautiful house red stone historical home turn of the century no elevator northern hotel plaza hotel well worth the visit gift shop open to the public
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I've lived in Billings for 8 years now and have been hearing about the Moss Mansion. I've been told several times, but various people that Moss Mansion was beautiful inside and that I needed to check it out. For some reason, I just never was that enthused about it.

I finally checked it out last weekend and whoa. I have to emphatically insist that if you are at all into history, design or architecture, that you NEED to take this tour. It's self guided, so you can go at your own pace. I was told that everything inside is 90% original to the home; they've had to restore some things but for the most part, it's all original. I was just blow away. I highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: June 2018
MossMel, Public Relations Manager at Moss Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Well, that was one fabulous review, onewickedb. We are very glad you came to see us - it really is a labor of love here at the mansion - and we sure hope you will continue to enjoy all that the Moss Mansion Museum has to offer. If you'd ever be interested in joining us and sharing your enthusiasm with others here too, we'd love to have you. Thank you!

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

The volunteers knew much about the mansion and were able to answer all our questions. Lovely furnishings from long ago. Take note of the wallpaper which was incredible! Loved it! A must see if you like historic homes.

Date of experience: May 2018
MossMel, Public Relations Manager at Moss Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2018

We do have a five-star crew, Julie! Thanks for your visit and for taking the time to send us a pat on the back. We appreciate you supporting the labor of love! Come again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

My sister and I took our husbands to the Moss Mansion's most recent murder mystery night. We had a great time. The evening was made even more special as they also served us a three course dinner with wine. (The food was delicious)

The murder mystery was well organized, you get the characters that you are to play via e-mail, with suggestions for your costume. This particular murder mystery was set in the 1960's, so my sister and I had great fun remembering all the sorts of things we wore in the sixties.

You are also given a list of the other "characters" and some information about them and the setting of the murder to help you with your character. Marlene (the lady in charge of the event) is very good at keeping in contact with you and letting you know any new information that may be helpful.

I loved the Moss Mansion. It was beautiful and has been kept in pristine condition. It was very nice that they allowed us to conduct our murder mystery all throughout the mansion, so you get a self guided tour of sorts while you are searching for clues.

The murder mystery is also accompanied by some intermittent games or activities to help you meet and visit with the other guests. We had a dance competition and it was great fun to see what everyone came up with.

I highly recommend visiting the Moss Mansion for a tour, or if you are able, sign up for one of their special events. It is well worth it.

Date of experience: April 2018
MossMel, Public Relations Manager at Moss Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Judy, we are so glad you were able to enjoy the event! The weather was challenging and we know it was not easy to travel.

Our Murder Mystery Dinners are such a fun way to explore the museum. Thank so much for this glowing review, and thanks for supporting the Moss Mansion. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2018

This home is full of beautiful handcrafted woodwork and artifacts from the early 1900's. I just loved the crown molding work and pillars in the ballroom! the craftsmanship of the home is amazing! Defiantly worth visiting at some point! The staff here are so nice too! If you are around during Halloween time make sure to stop by for their events that they hold!

Date of experience: March 2018
MossMel, Public Relations Manager at Moss Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Gosh! Thank you for five stars AND exclamation points! The mansion really is a treasure and we very much enjoy sharing it, whether it's a tour just to look and listen or when we invite folks to have some fun in this awesome setting. Your support helps us continue to explore the archives and makes it possible for us to create even better access to the historical treasures found only at the Moss Mansion. Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Went on a Saturday during the Christmas season and saw the decorated trees in each room. Very festive and we really enjoyed learning the history of the building and the family who lived there for so many years!!

Date of experience: December 2017
MossMel, Public Relations Manager at Moss Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Five stars is high praise from guests! Thanks, Lisa, for your holiday visit and your very kind review. Each season we strive to provide a fresh look into the history preserved here and to create a space that is inspirational and fun. We are happy to know we hit that mark for you!