“Not-so-good, Overpriced Mexican food”

Rio Sabinas Southwestern Grill
Ranked #33 of 343 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Description: New; located in Shilo Crossing
Description: New; located in Shilo Crossing
Seattle, Washington
“Not-so-good, Overpriced Mexican food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My mom wanted to go here as she'd heard good things. We went after a movie so it may have been during the dinner rush, I'm not sure. We were seated promptly and then quickly forgotten. The busser brought waters for everyone but our waitress did not appear for 15 mintues. She took our order and our food arrived very fast. I was actually surprized being as it took so long to get attention, pre-order. However, the food was so bland. My girlfriend thought that the ingredients in her dish (chicken tacos) were an odd combination. I really wasn't impressed. I wouldn't say it was horrible though, just very bland and WAY overpriced. I would recommend Cafe Rio way before this place.

• Visited September 2013

“Good smells = good food!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way out of town because it smelled amazing! The server was a little slow, but she took great care of us. The food was good, although the price was a little high. Overall, it was a great decision!

• Visited September 2013
“A great south of the border experience”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Rio Sabinas has excellent atmosphere and great food. It is reasonable and a great place to stop before or after taking in a movie, which is located across the parking lot. The service is very good, and the menu has a variety of choices. Love the margarita's and happy hour is the BEST deal in town!

Visited August 2013
Billings, Montana
“Want some glass with your drink?”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the second time I was there, the first was on my Birthday which wasnt very good (bland food), but we thought to give it a second chance. The service was slow at the beginning and at the end, but was good during the course of the meal. The food is avg. to below avg: I could do a better job cooking at home. The restaurant wasnt too busy, probably 50% full which is kind of slow for a Saturday night especially at this location for Billings, so I was surprised by the slow service at various times. My daughter, while sipping her straw, sucked up a small glass shard from her glass and spit it out on the napkin. I did not say anything to the wait staff because of reactions at other restaurants I had endured, especially when I broke my tooth at another restaurant on a very hard bacon bit on a baked potato (we're sorry). Had she suffered injury it would have a different matter. There are other Mexican restaurants in town that are higher rated than this one, and I would recommend going there. Im afraid that this restaurant will go the same way as the pizza chain across the way unless it changes. We wont be going back.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Thomas J
“Seafood Tuesday”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Wow, this place has redeemed itself. Tuesday night seafood special is, well, something special. This was a real good meal for under $20. Tell me where else you can find a half pound of king crab, a cold water 6 oz lobster tail and a couple of broiled shrimp over a bed of veggies at a cost below DIY? I am shocked and pleasantly surprised. Way to go Rio, I was not impressed before but you have won me over.

Visited June 2013