“Good food, nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rio Sabinas Southwestern Grill
Ranked #55 of 339 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Good food, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I ordered a Margarita and it was just okay. The food was good, had a nice salad. Hubby had a burrito and loved it.

Visited July 2012

Billings, Montana
“Southwestern? What a joke”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

You would think when "Southwestern" is used in their name they would have salsa that would have some sort of flavor. Pace has better flavor than what they offer... VERY DISAPPOINTED! Mentioned this to management and all the response I got was really? We won't be back

Visited May 2012
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food was just OK. With all the new restaurants opening up here in Billings I was expecting something more. The Margarita was not very good. I dont think I would hurry back anytime soon althought the waiter did a great job.

• Visited June 2012
montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wasn't worth the wait”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Not sure if it was an off night but none of the meals we ordered were very good. My husband ordered the ribs and beef fajitas, I ordered the chicken chimi and my daughter ordered cheese quesadilla. First off the beef fajitas showed up as shrimp, when brought to the attention of the waitress she told us "oops, I pushed the wrong button. Do you still want the beef?". she did go back and grab a bowl of the beef however it was barely warm. Matter of fact for a sizzle plate all of his food was barely warm. My chimi was grease soaked and the queso tasted ALOT like velveeta cheese. As for the quesadilla, strange cheese and also on the cold side.

We may give them another try some other day but for the moment we will pass. On the plus side, loved the green sauce served with the chips! (which were also bland and greasy)

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Fun and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I tried out Rio Sabinas before catching a movie at the nearby theater. We shared the special of the day, which was two beef enchiladas with rice and beans. Very flavorful. I appreciated the generous portions of homemade chips (and two types of salsa). Our waitress was very helpful and eager to make sure we were having a pleasant time. We'll be returning - there are many other items on the menu we would like to try, and the atmosphere and decor is festive and unique.

• Visited April 2012