“Convenient, friendly, and reasonable” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Austin, Texas
“Convenient, friendly, and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am a consultant and travel to Billings frequently. After having tried many of the other hotels in town, I now stay at the Country Inn on every trip.

The location is good, close to the airport and downtown. Near a variety of restaurants and services. Parking is easy, unlike most of the hotels located in the downtown core.

The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It isn't fancy, but the prices are good and the continental breakfasts are decent. They also have batches of fresh baked cookies available at the front desk and a coffee/tea service available day and night.

Room Tip: The elevator is a bit slow. I'd recommend a 1st or 2nd floor room, since there is a convenient...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff willing to go the extra distance to satisfy! I was very happy with the room! In fact, I'll be staying there again next week. Their breakfast is super. They go beyond there as well.

• Stayed October 2013
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great hot breakfast included, and they even use stoneware rather than paper or plastic. The whirlpool room was very large and spacious. The whirlpool tub was just what we needed after a long day of being in the car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
VLECanada~Thank you for the great review, love the heading "Great Place to Stay". Hope to see you back soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is very clean, has very friendly staff, and is literally down the road from the airport. We were just needing an overnight lace to catch a plane the next day. There are great restaurants close by as well as a Target & Office Depot, both of which we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TNtravelnut52
TNtravelnut52~ Thank you for the great review about how great our location is! Hope to see you back soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was night #2 on our motorcycle trip out west. The room we were in was clean and large. The bed could've used a bit of updating as well as the pillows. It's located next to a liquor store and there's a chinese restaurant across the street but other than that it's all fast food nearby. It fit the bill for us weary travelors..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dierdraw~ Thank you for the great review about how clean & comfortable our hotel is! We are in the process of updating all our bedding. Hope to see you back soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
Eastern MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was late booking a room and there were a lot of events at the MetraPark, so I got the only room left in the area - the Presidential Suite. It was a very nice room, although I was only in it for a few hours to sleep and get ready in the morning. It would be a very nice room for a romantic night with the hubby... but unfortunately, I was only there for business. It was more than I'd have liked to spend on a room, but I was grateful to have a place to stay close to the MetraPark. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The shower had great water pressure and the room was quiet. The breakfast was adequate and had a good variety - the fresh fruit was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LuvMontana ~ Thank you for the great review about how clean & comfortable our hotel is! Hope to see you back soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting in Billings. After traveling seven hours I was greeted at the front desk not with a hello or welcome but only Name? After a brisk check in no mention of amenities only check out time is noon. I made my way to the room. The room was not clean crumbs on the carpet, hair on the bathroom floor... I took the bedcovers back and yes hair there too enough said. I went back down to the registration desk all she said was will get you another room do you have your keys? She handed me the new keys and said here you go. No apology or any type of friendliness. I what not even an apology? She argued with me and said I did apologize. I turned and left before I said something I would regret. The man in line behind me even commented in how rude she was and that she did not apologize. When I arrived in the next room it was a handicap room right by the steps going to the lobby. The phone rang and it was the manager. She did apologize and said they were just really busy when I came down. I requested a non handicap room and they did get me another room. Off to my third room. It was cleaner but not up to par. Dusty, hair in the bathroom floor, dirty windowsills cluttered with bugs but the sheets appeared to be clean. Room was noisy and I didn't feel comfortable in the dirty room but it was the third one so I figured this was the best the cleaning staff could do.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Keeper~ Thank you for writing a review. I was not aware of any issue until I read this comment. Please contact me directly so, I can help resolve this to your satisfaction. Sincerely Michelle Breitwiser, GM