“fantastic find”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

very clean comfortable large room nice pool jacuzzi fantastic breakfast friendly staff. a lot of places to eat close to the hotel excellent price with military discount. we will definitely stay here anytime in the Billings area

• Stayed: May 2013
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Karl_Oregon~ Loved the title of your review "Fantastic Find" ! Hope you comeback soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We enjoyed our two night stay at the Billings Country Inn & Suites. Everything was done to make our stay a good one. I especially appreciated the variety and healthy choices at breakfast. Location was ideal, friendly staff, updated rooms and quiet stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

SisuColorado~ Thank you for sharing your "great stay" experience with us! Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night but it was great. King-sized bed with tons of FEATHER pillows. Lots of towels too and American-made brand-name products in the bathroom which means a lot to us. Nice tv, fridge, coffee maker, microwave. Really a nice place. Breakfast was okay, there was nothing outstanding about it but it did have hot items and it was free. We found it a little hard to find but it was our first time in Billings. Bed was comfy. Our room was at the front and was just a wee bit noisy earlier on but it did quiet down. Worth it!

Note: Country Inns also offer discounts on rates to military including retired military, which is always a plus.

• Stayed: May 2013

grandmahenry~Thank you for taking the time to write a awesome review! Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've stayed at this Country Inns and Suites several times and have been MUCH more than simply satisfied each time. This property is among the cleanest I've experienced. The bedding gets an A+ too: it is soft, but not cheap, comfortable, warm, cozy, and the down pillows add a high-tone, unexpected touch. My room faced the front of the hotel, but it was never so noisy that I couldn't relax or sleep -- I did both beautifully. I didn't use the pool or health club on this visit, but I did eat breakfast, which I would also give an A+ to. They had everything I would have wanted....it's like someone sat down and thought of everything. It was very clean and organized and none of the tables were sticky or dirty (which I've experienced at other hotels in the past). It was perfect. Everything was in good working order and the wi-fi was perfect too. The location of this hotel --- up in The Heights and close to the airport (but not so close that you can hear planes landing overhead) -- was perfect for my visit. Off to the left is the METRA, and off to the right is a shopping center with a TARGET and other stores that I used a few times. You WILL NOT be disappointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful too!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the front of the hotel. If you're accustumed to sleepin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

CoolNYCchick~ Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Michelle Breitwiser,GM

Reviewed May 7, 2013

4 night stay was fantastic. Staff always friendly with a greeting & smile. Room was great (we stayed in the jacuzzi king 117). Pool, hot tub & exercise room; try for a room on the back side of hotel as quieter; breakfast has everything you could want including hot selections that change daily (coffee, juice, hot water, milk, cookies available 24 hours); beds comfortable; bathroom & jacuzzi were spotless; WiFi wireless but will provide a cable if you would like to hook up; hotel's goal is to make their guests feel at home which they have achieved for this guest; as I watched the other guests leave, they all seemed to content, relaxed & smiles on their faces...this only says to me that they too enjoyed their stay....WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: Easy access to hotel...in & out at the lights; All rooms spacious especially in the kings. Rooms...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Look4-2

Look4-2~ Your review made the staff's day! Thank you!! Michelle Breitwiser,GM

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5 years and have always found it a great place to stay, but this time I was disappointed. I checked into my room about 9pm on a Friday night and when I got to my non-smoking room it reeked of stale smoke. It was disgusting! I called the front desk to change rooms and was told there was nothing else available. The ont desk gal didn't offer any real apology - her only offer was a bottle of Febreeze. To say that I was surprised is an understatement. I got the Febreeze, doused the room, and then had to sleep with the window open all night. We ended up leaving the window open all the next day and the next night as well. Thank God it was unseasonable warm and we didn't freeze!

So, now that I got the bad out of the way, on to the good. As always, the room was large, the bed very comfortable, the bedding high quality, the room quiet, the breakfast was plentiful and tastey, and the majority of the staff were very friendly.

All in all it is a great place to stay with a location right next to the Metra, and close to the interstate exit, and a good variety of shopping and eating close by.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a room on the top floor away from the elevator and ice/vening machine to ensure a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MTRodeoMom
CISBillingsMT, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Billings, MT, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

MTRodeoMom ~ Thank you for writing a review! I'm sorry we were not up to our usual standards. Please contact me directly at 406-245-9995 as I will correct this right away for you. Michelle Breitwiser, GM

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in other cities and have always been pleased. My experience at other locations allowed me to stay in a one bedroom suite with separate living/dining and bedroom areas. This room was not like that, however it was very spacious. When I entered the room, the heat was on and I felt like was about to burst into flames! I immediately changed the temperature to a cooler level. When I went to the front desk, I asked the employee if there was a rotating fan available. I was told that I could open the window if I so chose! That was great for me, because I need it cool at night to sleep.
The breakfast spread in the morning was generous with a variety of offerings. I had the biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were a little hard, otherwise delicious.
Dining and shopping were very close, and the airport was only a $10 taxi ride away. This hotel allowed guests to leave their cars in the parking lot while they went on a flight. Very convenient and no extra expense!
I would say the only negative I could find with this location is that instead of having an employee stand at the front desk, they have a "doorbell" for guests to press to contact the employee on duty.
Otherwise, this place is fabulous and I will return when I am in the area!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank saddle65

Saddle65 ~ Thank you for such a GREAT review! Our employees really do try to do a good job servicing our guests and appreciate when people are pleased with our efforts. Please comeback soon. Michelle Breitwiser, GM