“Lots of Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Newly opened
Description: Newly opened
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I went to Cafe Rio for the first time last week. It's not easy getting in the front door. It has a small parking lot, small parking spaces and a fairly non-descript front door that is rather hidden in the midst of outdoor seating. We ordered the day's special and were surprised at the quanity of food. We could easily have split an order. The food was good, fresh, and served quickly-so quickly it was just slopped onto the serving dish without any care of mingling flavors. Other than that and the restaurant being noisy, it was worth the time and money. Would go back, anytime for a fast meal.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Have you ever had sweet Mexican food? Me either until now. Yuck! The green chili verde is sweet. My daughter and I had two bites and we were done! Tossed our plates in the trash and left. The service was terrible. The young girl at the register overcharged me, then instead of redoing my ticket completely said if it's not alright get back with me.....I don't live in this town am I going to drive 200 miles to get back a couple of dollars? Come on, get some quality help here and not these inexperienced little girls that don't know how to ring up orders. Two of the ice tea containers were empty and when asked if they could make more the girl was actually put out that she had to quit talking to her friends to make more. Where are the managers that are suppose to be looking after things? If someone asks me about this place I will give them a thumbs down. This place will not last long with the poor food and poorer service.

1  Thank travelgalMt
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was a good restaurant. The line was long but the service was fast, the portions size was amazing and both the chicken and steak were great. In the future my wife and I will only get one order and split it because of the amount food. Highly recommended place.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had been wanting to try this place for weeks, ever since it opened. Its parking lot is often full, so that is a good sign, right? We went in & saw the Lunch Special for Tuesday was a coconut shrimp soft taco with lime, mango salsa, etc. We decided to order it; only after the order was practically made did the line person making the food mention that "We don't have any mango salsa---do you want the tomatillo sauce instead?" What comparison can be made between those two choices? Tomatillo sauce on a coconut-breaded shrimp taco? (Yuck.) Then they said they had run out of mangoes---so why not inform customers unwittingly ordering the Special of the Day, so they will know it isn't so special---or available---after all? Or send someone to buy more mangoes---how about that option? It was completely annoying. Any self-respecting restaurant would be managed well enough to keep from running out of a well-publicized item, prepared with a specific tropical taste (shrimp, coconut, mango, etc.) Cafe Rio should know better! It isn't like this is their first week--it's just an example of poor customer service, which is typical for Montana, unfortunately. Secondly, there is the noise level---if you want to have a conversation, this is not the place; you will never be able to hear anyone at your own table. There are few soft surfaces to absorb sound---the concrete floor, hard chairs & tables, etc., do not allow for lingering or conversing at all. We noticed this while in line---we couldn't even hear the person attempting to make the order 3 feet away, & we have excellent hearing. It will be a long time before I give them another chance---you know what is said about "first impressions"! (Qdoba's menu is quite similar---fresh, made while you watch---& is located at 24th & King Avenue West, in front of Costco, next to Men's Wearhouse.)

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife and I decided to try it for lunch I had there sweet pork burrito she had a salad. Both were large portions and delicious moderately priced quick service. But very crowded and couldn't hear yourself chew over the noise The place is fairly new wich could attest for some of it Will try it again after newness wears off