“Express Stay @ HIE”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed here on our way through from Calgary Alberta Canada to Mt. Rushmore SD (approx halfway) and the HIE fit the bill perfectly. Dbl Queen room was modern, spaciaous, clean & just off highway enroute to the east & our destination. Pool was perfect for kids (realy what pool isn't). Hot tub was HOT (ironically with a cool blue light that I recall) and perfect after a long day of driving. Morning breafast had typical variety with the exception of a pancake maker that created 2 perfectly portioned cakes. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
21Jackie1974, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us,we strive to make each one of our guest's stay with us an memoriable one, we look forward to seeing you the next time you stay

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed in 4 different hotels in Billings now(Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Fairfield Inn and HIE) and overall I feel like this one was the best of the bunch.

This is a nice property that I would say has been completely remodeled fairly recently. The room was spacious and clean, bathroom was spacious and had great lighting, everything was in good working order and condition. Room had a microwave and fridge and a huge LCD TV with a good selection of channels.

Internet was excellent, speed tests showed 15 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speeds, which is much, much better then you get at most hotels.

Bed was awesome, mattress was a new Serta Diamond Suite, which is a comfy, plush, high quality mattress.

Cheri at the front desk was great, very friendly and a real customer service pro.

Hotel also delivers the Billings Gazette newspaper to your room in the AM which was a nice touch.

The only real negative was that my room was on the 2nd floor and had some weird vibration going on constantly in it, it basically sounded as though you had 5 semi-trucks idling beneath you, the whole floor vibrated and it got to the point where I had to use ear plugs to sleep because the noise from the vibration was so bad. So that's something to be careful of if you decide to stay here because it was really bad, try and get ground floor if possible. I don't know if it happens in all the rooms on the 2nd floor or just mine, I have no idea what it was but it went on all night 24/7.

All in all this is a nice hotel but I would check the room for vibration before bringing my luggage in next time, I would NEVER accept another room like that as it would have been miserable had I not had ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlCzervik1
21Jackie1974, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. We certainly apreciate your business. We have found the source of the noisy vibrations and hopefully have it fixed. Your room was directly above a maintence room and one of the pumps wa having a issue. We do apologize for the noise and want to thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express recently for a basketball tournament in Billings. We travel quite a bit and can always count on the Holiday Inn Express for clean room, nice staff and a good breakfast!! Cortney went out of her way to be helpful and was very friendly and patient with all the guests!! We will stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed here twice, once in August 2011 and again tonight. It's a nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, quiet. It's right off the I90 E, but tucked back a little from the surrounding gas stations and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Usafgirly
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in room 226 which had a lovely king size bed, but the room is situated at the very end of the hall way, and we could hear people going up & down the stairs from the side exit. Sounds in hallway carry as well. Don't know what guests were doing down the hall but they were coming & going at 2:30 a.m., so is was disruptive to say the least. The hotel is situated right off the interstate for the traveller that just needs a place that's easy to set off from the next day. The restaurants are about 1.5 miles from the hotel, so just a quick trip away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Fantastic service! Reasonable rates. Very clean and spacious rooms. Staff very friendly and accommadating. Very quiet rooms and comfortable beds. Lots of good restaurants nearby, so you don't have to drive all over town just to find a place to eat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anne W
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked this room - and prepaid for it, before I came here to check out the reviews (bad, I know). Some of the reviews were so bad that I thought I might just eat the money and find another hotel. But I stuck with this one, and I'm glad I did.

1. The property is now fully renovated. No construction noise. Great appearance in keeping with other hotels in this chain.

2. The property is now fully non-smoking, so no worries there, either.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and it was clean. There was a blood spot on the sheets that was a little disconcerting, but I was frankly too tired to report it, and it was clear that the sheets were clean, despite the little stain.

My only complaint is that the common areas were not clean enough - dirt and handprints on the exterior doors, the elevator doors, etc. But for the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aardvark1223
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Aardvark1223,

Thank you for your stay, and providing feedback. I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the room accommodations and quiet property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to the condition and the cleanliness of the hotel and facilities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N