“Shouldn't be called a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed November 18, 2011

To start off, when we arrived, the whole place smelled like smoke. I understand its a smoking/non-smoking hotel, but YUCK!!! I got to the front desk, had to ring a bell to get service. The lady that checked us in didn't even look like she worked there. Not ONCE while there was there someone at the front desk...we always had to ring the bell to get service. We entered our room, about 10 minutes later someone entered our room...and "oops we thought it was vacant". I called down to get a wake-up call at the front desk, the phone rang, rang, and rang some more...the agent picked it up and immidiatley put me on hold...for about 20 minutes. All I needed was a wakeup call!!! The business centers computers wouldn't work for us at all...I needed directions and ended up using my own computer and just writing them down on a piece of paper. Breakfast was ok...the attendant was not friendly at all. She just kept walking past us like we were bothering her. I would have rather paid way more for a different place. Not impressed at all!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TheBurchs

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We're regular users of the Holiday Inn Express line. The one in Billings MT did not live up to our expectations. When we made the reservation, they should have mentioned that construction would be taking place starting at 8 AM. Also, there were no refrigerators or microwaves in the room which are usually pretty standard for HIE. The in-room internet connection was so slow that our laptop would not stay connected so we had to use the "business center" where the keyboards were dirty and grungy.
The worst thing was the location (we reserved sight-unseen by phone). There were no restaurants in the vicinity and the main area of restaurants was 4 freeway exits away, a distance of 10 miles. We will not stay there again. Overall, a gloomy place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MTM0m
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We arrived late one evening, having made no booking, but they were able to provide a room, and gave us an upgrade at the same time - reception was very obliging. This is another revamped Holiday Inn Express, with a very impressive portal. The rooms were large, comfortable and quiet, and the beds comfortable. We had to travel 5 miles to find somewhere to eat other than a bog-standard burger bar, but Billings central had plenty of choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Farseer
Reviewed July 14, 2011

booked non smoking room,,put in smoker,,,, no recourse!

tried to use business center to print boarding pass,,, computers and printers did not work,,

Hampton in Billings is place to stay..sorry I stayed here

Room Tip: don t stay here
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank braatzr
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This is a really nice hotel. Front desk is superb. They'll do anything to make sure you have a good stay. Food in the restaurant is very tasty, convenient and well priced. The room is really nice. I felt pampered by hotel staff. However, avoid the pub at all costs. They pour the WEAKEST drink I think I've ever had!!! I should have gotten an idea when I went into the bar at 9 pm and there was only one person at the bar. Charged FIVE BUCKS for a glass of ice and water with a spit of liquor. Don't blame the staff, I understand that Big Brother is watching them and keeping track of every ounce of booze. I won't waste my money there again. Hotel is great, but the BAR SUCKS!!

Room Tip: Ask for fridge/microwave at no xtra cost!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My family and I stayed here for a wedding in July. We spent 3 nights in the hotel. It was a Holiday Inn Express and was not newly renovated like a lot of the Holiday Inns seem to be. Our bed was very comfortable and we were happy with the layout and space of our room.

There seemed to be a problem with the room’s air condition. It would continually make clicking noises. It was hard to sleep with it clicking. They only way to stop this clicking noise was to A. Turn the air condition off or B. Turn the air condition on high because it was the middle of July and was 100 degrees outside we decided to turn the air condition up all the way. The next day when we returned to our room we had a note from the house keeping staff stating that the AC was not allowed to be put on high. The next night we put it back on high because not having AC was not an option, nor were listening to the clicking AC.

The morning breakfast was very good. They had hot bacon and sausage with eggs among other well cooked foods. We were very happy with the food. There are a number of restaurants around the area that deliver if you want food later at night and do not want to go out.

Each day the room was very well cleaned.

The only problem was the broken AC. We did not mention this or complain to management. If we did they might have fixed it or moved us, but we are not the complaining type.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara_Kadow
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is not a great inn. It's passable, though. Way overpriced for the area, by at least 20-30 dollars.

What appears to be friends of the front desk crowded the breakfast area EACH morning we were there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple