“Good Food, Good Selection”

Fancy Sushi-Asian Fusion
Ranked #47 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Billings, Montana
“Good Food, Good Selection”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I went to Asian Fusion for dinner a couple of nights ago. I had been there with friends for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was so impressed with the quality of the Orange Chicken I had for that meal that I suggested to my wife that we should eat there for dinner some evening.

Asian Fusion is an open, but quiet, dining room. There is a half-wall center partition that breaks up the largeness of the dining area. There is also a sushi bar in the restaurant. Most of the restaurant is booths with a few tables along either side of the central half-wall. The decor is modern and clean.

I ordered the Thai Basil meal and my wife ordered the General Tso's Chicken. The menu for Asian Fusion can be found on their website. Their menu is highly varied and consists of many different types of rice rolls (some cooked, some raw) as well as some Japanese, Thai, and Chinese meals.

The meals came with choice of soup or salad. We both had the salad. It is basically a lettuce salad that comes with a sweet, yet lightly tart dressing (mango lime?). It is a different flavor and experience from the typical Italian, vinaigrette, ranch dressings of most restaurants and I enjoyed it. There is a lot of dressing on the salad so I tend to remove some of it. This meal, I was dissappointed with the salad, however, because there was about a tablespoon of water in the bottom of the bowl. That made the salad less palatable to me, as well as making the dressing watery, too.

My Thai Basil chicken was very good and the portion was satisfying if not a bit too much. The meal was spicy, as listed on the menu. I was satisfied with the Thai Basil flavor, spicyness, texture, and portion. However, I liked the orange chicken better that I had a couple weeks prior.

I tried my wife's meal of General Tso's Chicken and my first bite seemed a bit off, as if the frying oil was a bit old, or maybe fishy. However, I had a couple more pieces later in the meal and they tasted just fine so maybe it was me that was "off".

We both enjoyed our meal. The room was only about one third full on a week night so it was quiet enough for easy conversation.

The servers were quite attentive and kept our glasses full. The tables are set with chopsticks so you will need to ask for a fork if needed (as I do).

The prices are quite reasonable and range from $5 for salads up to about $12 for most meals and finally reaching to $15-$20 for some of their specialty meals.

We were both quite satisfied with Asian Fusion and we will return for sure if for no other reason than to get another helping of the Orange Chicken.

• Visited March 2014

Billings, Montana
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent addition of eatery to Billings. Great and constant service. Huge selection of sushi on menu. Served to perfection.

Visited December 2013
“excellent food and service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had dinner here today-- noodles dish plus a bento box. Excellent food and amazingly diverse menu. Good prices for quantity and quality of food. Service was excellent--- really helpful. I'll definitely go back!

• Visited December 2013
“Amazing Sushi”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

One of our favorite places to go eat! Extremely good service and great food every time we go. Could be in a little better location but we go out of our way to come here anyways!

billings
“It really is fancy!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ordered the sushi and sashimi special, it was delicious and the presentation was outstanding! The atmosphere is a bit cramped but it's very clean and the staff is friendly. I highly recommend it, very tasty and lots of options on the menu, if your a sushi genius they have more than enough creative options to satisfy even the most refined palate.

• Visited September 2013