“Price Worthy and Friendly Stay”

Boothill Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The first thing that is noticeable is the incredibly friendly staff; positively delightful. The rooms are large and clean. The location is about as convenient as it gets. The property is a bit dated and is starting to shown signs of age. Not in a bad way, just worn. The breakfast is acceptable- simple and nothing out of the ordinarily; although it was a bit light in options. Overall, it's ok. I wouldn't mind staying here again on my next visit, but neither would I go out of my way to do so.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 (Review: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g45086-d250244-r171383102-Boothill_Inn_Suites-Billings_Montana.html#REVIEWS). So when we needed to plan a hasty trip back for a funeral in November 2013, we knew where we would book.

This time it was just my husband and myself during weekdays, but the Boothill was amazing. Since it was just 2 of us, I asked for the single Queen room. It is also the handicapped room I was told at the desk, and it was not available. So for the same price as their double Queen, they upgraded us to a lovely 2 room suite with a massive tv. It made a hard trip, a special treat. My only complaint about the room was that it faced a large machine, I assume some kind of exhaust or turbine, and it emitted an intermittent but significant noise. I used earplugs and it worked ok. If staying in this property, request a room away from the fan and you'll be fine.

Each evening we used the hot tub and often had it to ourselves. The breakfast was still terrific and they are currently constructing an expanded breakfast area, with a fireplace. It looks to make a great feature of the hotel, simply amazing.

We return regularly to Montana to see family, and we will always stay at Boothill. The price is right. the location is perfect and it is a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: When booking suite, make sure you request away from the fan on the back of the building for a quiete...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Booked this hotel due to the raving reviews on Tripadvisor. Any regrets? NO! All of the front desk, housekeeping and breakfast staff were superb, professional, helpful and friendly. They made you feel welcome and the atmosphere was warm and homey. They offered complimentary hot/cold breakfast, parking and newspaper. On site they have laundry, business center, swimming pool, hot tub and fitness room. Swimming pool is small and only 4'6" deep. Hot tubs were handy after running around Billings. The exterior and lobby area could use some updating. Rooms were average not spacious but the beds were comfortable and cozy and clean. It had a large flat screen TV, microwave and fridge which came in very handy for the 4 days we stayed. Only thing that was not good was the grout around the faucet in the tub area was black, It looked gummy and dirty. We did not inform staff just left them the comment on their card on our last day. Breakfast was amazing, well maintained by staff and offered different choices each day. It started our day right and so glad they offered this. They also offer cookies and milk everyday from 7 pm to 9 pm- our daughter loved it and looked forward to this over shopping! Too funny...LOL! The hotel is near mall, stores, restaurants and airport. But if you have to go downtown you will need a ride. By the way, the hotel offered free shuttle service to downtown and airport (I believe). And if you got hungry, across the hotel is Applebees and they serve a great dinner. Hotel rate is average. Overall, we highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floor and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Shelliattheboot, General Manager at Boothill Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello Marites8. First of all, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We sincerely do appreciate all of your comments. We have replaced the grout. While I am disappointed we didn't catch it ourselves before it ever got to that point, I am thankful the problem was brought to our attention so that we could fix it. And, of course, your kind comments made our day. Thank you again. Shelli

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We recently stayed here one snowy night prior to an early morning flight. Since we reserved ahead, they had a crib set up in the room for our 15 month old daughter. Everyone working there was very friendly, they had a bagged breakfast before the very early flight, and the 4 am shuttle was on time. The only reason it doesn't get a perfect rating was the pool was very cloudy to the point you couldn't see the bottom so the chemicals were probably off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at the Boothill Inn out of necessity. Another hotel had cancelled my reservation, and the Boothill had a special discount, so I took their offer. I am very glad I did. This is first of all a very clean, quiet, well maintained property. Do you know what a newly-opened hotel feels like ? Where everything is fresh, clean, and working well? That's how the Boothill Inn feels. I was a happy customer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed at the Boothill Inn & Suites on both legs of our journey. Great location if your looking for easy on/off the interstate. Plenty of resturants, liquor store for wine, gas stations and fast food outlets nearby. (We ate at the Chinese resturant 1 minute walk and Applebee's also a 1 minute walk) The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and have been updated. They pay attention to the little things, like a business plug in so that all your ipads and iphones can be charged. My wife liked the make-up face cloth. Some times it is just the little things that make the whole experience greater than the sum of its parts.
The continental breakfast is average but steps are being taken to improve this experience with a new addition that is nearing completion.
Staff rating would be above average. Very friendly and helpful.
Rate was average but would definately stay here again. Once their kitchen upgrade is complete, they get a 5 star from me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We received a discounted rate and our service was good. We had trouble with the television and when I called the front desk the phone kept cutting out and eventually the kind gentleman came to our room to help. Comfortable beds, but the rooms on the front side of the hotel are noisy due to the open parking lot where truckers park.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel face an open parking lot where truckers park so it is loud at variou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family