“Last room in town”

Motel 6 Billings - South
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our family was happy to find a room left in Billings. There are two Motel 6 across the street from each other. We had no idea which motel we were going to end up at... we were at the older one with an outside entry. (The other motel has an indoor pool.)

Being the last motel in the city, it was okay. But, the next week when Billings was not busy we stayed at the Kelly Inn for the same price - huge difference in motels.

Cons: Old brown carpet and blankets so the room didn't have a clean feel. Mattresses were really old and sagged. Hair on sheets! Ash trays in room say "no smoking"... could smell cigarette smoke - not good if you have allergies or asthma. Walk ways outside rooms were really noisy. No clock or any other amenities in room - just a bed, tv, and bathroom.

Pros: bathrooms were very clean - better than most places we have stayed

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelersWest

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I travel alone most of the time with my two labs so I usually stay at motel 6 - have done so all over the country - this is the worst by far and I am not one to complain - I spent 12 hours in a client's office today befre checking into my room - room smelled like stale smoke - got ready for bed and found that the sheets had not been changed - they were wrinkled and had hair on them. The stuffing was hanging out of the side of the box spring in two places. Called the front desk - they said that I could move to the room next door so I did after getting dressed again and going back to the office to get a key - checked the beds and they appeared to have been changed but there was hair all over the bathroom sink and dark colored runs going down the wall behind the garbage can in the bathroom. I do not even feel comfortable letting my dogs sleep in this room - no apology from the front office only a statement that they were working on replacing their housekeeping staff - funny thing is that my husband and I own a hotel and would not dream of renting a room if we were unsure whether it was clean or not - I do not post bad reviews as a rule because of the damage that they can do to a business but this motel should be closed - don't stay here- I have never seen a room this filthy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank georgiae1959
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I would not stay here again. Not up to standards of other Motel 6's that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Colorado515
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We are retired and are traveling the US for two months. Room small, stale smell, no toiltries, pay for wifi, no iron refrig microwave. Tiny lobby, no breakfast. We always ask to see a room before booking. We did and left and went to Econo Lodge next door.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank George_and_Veronica
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Was looking for pet friendly place to stay on way from great falls mt to chesapeake va. Have 2 cats. Located across from older motel 6, scary looking industrial area. Carpet in room very stained and worn. Worried about cats walking on it, they are indoor only and well behaved. Tub felt like it was going to fall through floor. Staff was very nice, room had plenty of towels and soaps.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

After searching for a room for 2 hours I finally found an opening here. It was clean quite affordable an easy to find!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a worker camp not a hotel. As far as overall condition this place is a dump. The hallways stink of tobacco smoke and the pool water is cloudy. Like other Motel 6s you only have 18 TV channels to chose from. This is a worker camp not a hotel.

2  Thank motel6stinks