“Authentic Greek food”

Description: business phone 406-248-5681 owner NICK RENTZIOS
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Authentic Greek food”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Delicious, real Greek food cooked by a native Greek! Service a little slow, but very cheerful. No atmosphere; just really good food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank marie612011

Billings, Montana
“Slow going? I don't mean to be rude...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I do love the taste of the gyros here. Unfortunately the taste does not outweigh the terrible customer service. I've visited the Athenian at least 7 times and out of the 7, 5 have been unpleasant. In the restaurant you'll receive very slow (my experience has been 45 minutes to 1 hour during lunch) and disinterested service. I've ordered to go over the phone to avoid the unpleasantries. The last straw was today when I asked how long it would take for a to go order so I would not make my boss late for her next meeting, to which the lady on the phone replied "Not interested, yeah well we're busy bye." with rude hung up. I am continually disappointed, after trying not to inconvenience them with my business. I suppose I'll take my money to the Pita Pit instead.

• Visited September 2012
Hillsboro
“Tasty”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just enjoyed a very nice, relaxed meal at the Athenian. It was very refreshing to sit down and not feel like we were being rushed through our meal so someone else could have our table. A very European approach to eating! I had the Olympian Sampler which had a little bit of their signature selections. It was more than enough food which I could have really split with someone. It also came with an AWESOME Greek Salad and Quartered Potatoes. My husband had the Combo platter with beef Gyro and chicken. Excellent. Our daughter had the Gyros Platter which scored high with her and our other daughter ordered Tyropita but 30 minutes later we were informed they were out of it. She settled for the Spanakopeta but she really didn't like it. I did have it on the Olympian and it was GREAT! The Zaziki, (I guess their version of tzatziki sauce) was really tasty. The grape leaves were kind of bland but the sauce on top helped. Our server was just as sweet as could be. The restaurant is really clean & neat. We'll definitely go back when we return to the area.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank TravelConscience
Billings
“Very Tasty Gyros”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is a bit short on atmosphere, but the wraps are very good. The large gyro is a favorite of many who dine there. This is basically a lunch spot, but a good choice if you are in downtown Billings at noon.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Steve P
Wenatchee, Washington
“A bit quirky, but satisfying”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We chose The Athenian more for proximity than menu after a long drive and (like other reviewers) noted that its location is pretty near to the wrong side of the tracks. The interior is nicely kept, with large murals from Greece and a few pottery plaques.

We chose a location near the window, but the first table we chose dipped dramatically when I leaned on it, so we moved to another and watched it capture other guests who chose it, then overheard our server claim that the thing's done it ever since he started working there eight years ago!

We split an Olympian platter and I ordered a Greek side salad and we found that to be plenty for the two of us -- and left us room to split a dessert. The service was reasonably prompt and the food well-prepared. All in all, it's a decent choice, if you don't have high expectations, but keep an eye on the furniture!

• Visited August 2012