“Not that Great!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Houston, United States
“Not that Great!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice and quiet location but the parking lot is way to small and the motel needs some serious updating. Toilet paper holder was about to fall off wall, window shades and curtains wouldn't open since equipment was broken. The shower took several minutes to drain nothing like standing in ankle deep water while trying to take a shower.

I believe that if they want to gain repeat customers they need to seriously update and clean up.
The bathroom floor had hair on it and in the corners, so that was an indication of poor housekeeping.

Our first and last visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miles F
max c, Public Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. I am not sure when you have stayed, or which hotel you stayed at, but if you stayed recently with us you would notice that everything has been remodeled.
Also, our housekeeping supervisors make sure that everything is working perfectly and is clean. Including all of the amenities such as, the hot water, air conditioning, free wifi, flatscreen TV(with expanded cable package), microwave, minifridge, comfortable matresses, coffee pots. We hope that you have discussed this with the management, because im sure they would have been glad to change your room. We hope to see you back some time soon.
Thanks,
Western Inn Billings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel was one out of the very many we have stayed in this holiday that didn't charge the amount we were expecting they added on charges, When we questioned it the young woman was quite defensive, in over 3 months of travel the ONLY hotel to do so.
Having said that the hotel was clean quiet and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it! We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and our pleasant customer service. Western Inn always trys to make our guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable! Thank you once again! "Your home away from home!"
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband loved this place and so did I. This motel has very generous and nice staff. The room, services and food were just fine. I will definitely refer this motel to my friends and relatives back home. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here... Thank you :)

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we highly appreciate it. At Western Inn, we are glad we can provide you with great customer service, a safe and friendly environment, and comfortable rooms. We hope you visit soon, and safe travels! Thanks once again! "Your home Away From Home."
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Do not stay here thinking you will get a good deal. We ended up paying 50% more than we expected after the fees, it was dirty, and the customer service was the worst I've ever had at a hotel.

I should have listened to the other reviews on here, but we were driving from Colorado and only needed to stay from 9 pm to 8 am. I read the review about the extra $3 fee and was prepared to pay that. Tripadvisor listed the room at $51. Then it took me to booking.com where it was $65, which I had to reserve by giving my credit card info. I saw the small print about the credit card fee, and extra fees for having more than one child, or a pet. They said you could reserve a crib so I requested one to be reserved for us in my comments.

When we got there, the lady at the front desk seemed nice enough. Until she told me the crib would cost us an extra $16 to use. I said I didn't see that there was an extra charge so we'd just do without. She went and asked the manager and said it was too late because it was already set up and we had to pay. Even when I refused, stating that the site never warned there would be a fee for this she said it was included in the overarching small print of "additional fees may apply."

Normally I would just go to another hotel, but it was 9pm and they already had our credit card info and we couldn't cancel through booking.com. We had to pay over $97, because of the credit card fee, crib fee and taxes ( which I was confused by because booking.com said taxes were included in the $67).

I was crying at the front desk because I was so tired and this woman was so rude and uncaring. Obviously, if I would have known we were going to have to pay $97 we would have gone somewhere nicer.

The room was relatively clean, besides the giant stains on the carpet and pubic hair on the floor in the bathroom. Wallpaper and baseboards were peeling off, one of our nightstands had been completely ripped out and removed, and there were random little holes in the ceiling.

The whole time I was afraid to do anything, I thought if I opened a bar of soap they would charge us an "additional fee" when we checked out. I felt very swindled with this hotel and will NOT stay there ever again.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Lp22g
max c, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your biased review, we appreciate it. All of these fees are CLEARLY listed on Booking.com, an it even specifically lists a fee for additional services. You requested an additional service, therefore you were charged for it, plain and simple. You can't just simply say you don't want the crib anymore when someone has put in the work just for your convenience and comfort. Also, if there was something wrong with your room, why not inform management? In conclusion, all of this could have definitely been avoided if you just took the time to read all the fees included. Thank you for your time, valued customer.
Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The room is clean enough, but it is dated. This is to be expected for a hotel in this price range. The real problem is the room and even the lobby and hallway smells musty and old. They try to freshen it up by using air freshener, but it doesn't work. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Heath S
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This motel, although not a big time establishment, is privately owned .

All the amenities were excellent , from the room facility, and it's cleanliness, to the terrific hospitality, service and continental breakfast.

It was like staying at a 4 star Marriot but with a personal touch. (3rd generation American owned, of Portugese/ East Indian, & American Indian descent )

If I ever return to Billings MT I will definitely stay there again.

I recommend it to all.

Very truly yours,

Martin Litzler

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

David, one of your employees, informed me I would be charged for two nights if I checked in after 12am. He also stated your hotel "cannot accept cash." I had called the day before to confirm you allowed late check in and accepted cash payment. I was told I needed a valid credit card but that cash payment was fine and that late checkin was allowed.

After speaking to David, however, My boss called the hotel directly to cancel.

David then called me and when I confirmed we would not be staying at your hotel he choose to begin swearing at me, threatened my boss and me and when I informed him I would not tolerate swearing he continued to and I hung up on him.

I am a manager in a customer service business. If one of my employees treated a person like this AND CALLED them directly to do so I would fire them on the spot.

I do not know what was said between David and my boss, but to call me to cuss me out and threaten to have us arrested is grounds for firing in my place of business.

David also, from my first interaction with him spoke in a condicending manner and was over all rude in addition to providing incorrect information and attempting to force me to pay for two nights when I was only stating one.

I will be contacting the BBB and sharing my experience.

Stayed May 2014