“Skip this place!”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Oklahoma
“Skip this place!”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The reviews for this hotel sounded good so we booked this on our way to Yellowstone. I don't know where the friendly and helpful employees have gone, but they were not there the evening and morning we were. They charged us $15 more for booking through AAA, had a sign on the counter to remove everything from the car because there was a possibility of car break-ins, and had limited vision of the hotel sign which made it difficult to locate. The refrigerator, microwave and closet area looked good, but the TV and phone were antiquated and the room looked dingy even if it was clean. The breakfast was far below par with very limited seating. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OklahomaEliza
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Hilltop Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
I have had 2 very nice conversations with this guest since she left the Hilltop Inn. I would like to address a few of her concerns.
The reason we could not lower her rate was due to the fact she was at a commissionable rate.
As far as the sign at the front desk concerning car break-ins, the hotel at this time has had no break-ins. We like to remind everyone not to have any valuables left in their car to try to prevent any car break ins. Like any other city, Billings has had a fair amount of car break-ins and at the Hilltop Inn we do try to protect our guests and give them a friendly reminder to remove items from their car.
We take comments very serious at the Hilltop Inn and try to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
missoula, mt
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in Billings and NOT once have I had any problems with smoke, in fact it's a no smoking facility. I have serious issues w/ smoking/smokers and NEVER have had an issue while staying there. The hospitality at this hotel is by far one of the very few that they really care about their customers. The continental breakfast was awesome too!! I would recommend this to anyone and I can promise you will enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Bridger
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I frequently stay with the fine folks at the Hilltop (about once a week or more for the last 5-6 years). This place is almost a second home for me. It is within a short walking distance to both hospitals, other medical specialities and a very short ride to and from the airport (which the staff will arrange for you if you need a ride). A couple of the things I enjoy is the lack of a TV blaring away in the lobby and the frehly popped popcorn in the afternoon. It has a very calming, quiet atmosphere about it , however it is occasionaly broken by helicopters responding to and from both hospitals, but that noise factor can be said of all the hotels in the area. I find the rooms comfortable and clean. I have yet to hear loud noises from adjoining rooms or the hallways. I can safely say that it is a good place to hang your hat for the night.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
9 Thank BB_of_B
Billings, Montana
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I have the great pleasure of staying at this hotel every week, sometimes for two or three days weekly. I am on call at the nearby hospital and stay here when I am on call. I am able to always get a reservation at a very good rate, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and mostly it is very quiet. I can work all night and still be able to sleep during the day without being disturbed. I can also walk here in the middle of the night and feel safe. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone travelling here and to anyone, especially our patients and their families. It is very accomodating to persons staying at the hospital or for families with loved ones in the hospital. Besides, they have nice floweres and a fireplace for those cold Montana evenings!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
8 Thank scrubs52
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 21, 2007

The Hilltop Inn is located next to a hospital and there's something about the place that feels medical. It's target clientèle obviously is the family members of people who are hospitalized and the room was furnished for extended stays (small refrigerator, small round table for dining, recliner).

The continental breakfast was below average - not many choices and crowded seating.

It was a bit difficult to find the property, the street was torn up on 1 side of the block and because it was next to several medical buildings, including the hospital, it was not easy to see the hotel building.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank MspTripper
CA
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I had to come up to Billings to vist some family that ended up in the hospital. It was a very hard time for me but the staff at the Hilltop were so sweet it made the stay so much nicer. It was also very nice that I was able to walk to the hospital anytime I needed. The rooms were very clean and everyone was willing to help any way they could. Hopefully next time I make it to Billings it will be for a better reason, but whatever the reason I will be comeing back to the hilltop

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
9 Thank Madisonn
Minnesota
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Close to airport and downtown. Clean, quiet, some rooms with microwave and refrigerator. Welcoming staff. Pet friendly. Work out room on first floor. I stay here every time I'm in town.

Stayed March 2007