“Very nice”

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
PNW
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife, little puppy, and I enjoyed our stay. Very quiet room, no outside noise of any kind. Room was very clean nicely furnished. Popcorn was great and the staff was helpful and friendly. Good parking area and we had no problem finding it. Next time in Billings we woud certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RLB_28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Beware this hotel! I had booked a room for my sister and myself a month before as it was near the airport..
I had warned at the time of booking that we would be arriving very late (at the end of a 24 hr journey from UK). I had received an email confirmation of the booking. When we arrived we were told that the hotel had cancelled my booking because my debit card was out of date (which it wasn't). There were no rooms available. When on my return I queried the lack of contact about any perceived problem about the card I was told that they couldn't phone me because I was from the UK and that the desk clerk was not able to use the internet! It appeared that the cancellation had been made that very day by the manager who then had left the office for the rest of the day,

Room Tip: I can't comment as we didn't even SEE a room let alone stay in one!
Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Hilltop Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
It is true that this guest did have a reservation at the Hilltop Inn and that she is from the UK. That is all that is true from this review. The guest provided us with a credit card that was declined when we tried to authorize the card. A proper authorization is required to guarantee the reservation for late arrival. This is standard protocol for hotels. So I am not sure how she can blame the hotel for her giving us a bad credit card. Once we receive a declined card we then try to contact the person to try to obtain a new card number. Since this person was traveling from the UK and the only phone number we had was a UK number we were not able to call her. We then treated the reservation as a nonguaranteed reservation and it then cancelled automatically at 4:00 PM. When they arrived at the hotel the desk clerk explained what had happened and then found them a room at a hotel that was only three blocks away. This guest has since emailed me threatening to write a bad on line review. I did email her trying to explain that when a person guarantees a reservation it needs to be with a valid credit card this is just policy for all reservations. I am sorry that she did not want to hear the fact that she provided us with a bad credit card. We enjoy having travelers from all over the world. We invite the trip advisor audience to come and visit
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was there a week. Room was clean, and quiet. Good, safe location. No restaurant but discount at certain eateries. Coffee maker, fridge, and microwave at no extra cost but need to request. Cleaning crew never cleaned coffee maker but no big deal. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel provides free cab one way for airport.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank KarinLynneevans
St. George, Utah
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were very pleased with how well the room was appointed. The halls invited a sense of quiet & we really didn't hear any extra noises during the night. The breakfast was a bit lacking (carbs only), but it was nice anyway. Staff was friendly & efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnzaLen
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What you need to know about this hotel is that it is a very basic, no-frills building. It's not bad, just not as great as I expected after seeing so many glowing reviews. We had a 20 minute wait to check in when we arrived, because the desk clerk was not around. I found out later she was "delivering room service" and as the only staff member she had to leave her post. There is no pool, and there are no other perks. The hotel staff is very clear that the no-frills approach is how the hotel stays so affordable.

Location was a bit difficult to find. We drove by a lot of other hotels before arriving at this one, which is a bit off the beaten track. The hotel is located directly beside a hospital. Its location and affordable prices make it a natural choice for hospital patients receiving outpatient care. That gives a certain ambiance to the place - plenty of opportunity to overhear intense discussions about insulin and bloodwork, etc.

Rooms are basic - large, old-style television, basic bedspreads, no in-room coffee or other perks you'd find in more upscale hotels. Parking is onsite in an outdoor lot, and there's a weathered-looking paper on the front desk warning guests that there has been a rash of vehicle break-ins in the area lately (but with no date, it's hard to know how recent that is.)

Rooms may be basic, but we slept comfortably enough, and the price was right. We used this as a stopover on a lengthy road trip. If you're looking for more of a vacation spot, this probably isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
himanagerBillings, Manager at Hilltop Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are sorry this guest didn't find everything to her liking, but glad it ended up that she had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Hilltop Inn has never tried to be all things for all people, but what we do -- we try to do very well. Our targeted amenity package (no pool, no restaurant, etc.) suits most of our guests just fine. They don't want those amenities and don't want to pay for them. Our website has an excellent map, but if you have difficulty navigating to our location, just call the 800 number and we will talk you in. Sorry there was a wait upon check-in. As a matter of fact, that clerk is no longer with us and we will try hard to do better next time.
Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed January 11, 2013

stayed four nights, slept good all week. Beds are comfortable, room was quiet; watched a helicopter take off from the rooftop helipad of the hospital next door and never heard it. everything was clean and microwave and fridge worked

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe B
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We spent one night at the Hilltop Inn. The location is good, although it was not easy to find even with a map and GPS -- partly because we passed it once and didn't see the sign and mistook it for part of the hospital. The Inn is directly beside Yellowtone Health Center which is beside St. Vincent's Hospital, so if you're there for treatment, it's definitely the place to stay.

We were not in town for medical treatment (thank the good Lord!), but almost every other guest in the hotel that we saw seemed to be there for some kind of treatment. It made me thankful to be healthy, but sad for them.

We had a very nice size room with a recliner, microwave and refrigerator. The hotel really tries to make the rooms comfortable for people who must stay a number of days for health reasons. Our room was also clean and comfortable. The bed was fairly good, although not quite as soft as I prefer (i'm very picky about beds). My husband thought it was fine. A coin operated laundry was a few doors from our room and was very handy for doing a load of washing.

The woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is sparse, with no milk and cereal, but at least we could eat a little something and not have to stop for breakfast. They had various breads, muffins, oatmeal, coffee and juice.

This room was a bargain for the town of Billings when I researched where to stay. At only $68.41 total with tax, we were very pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple