“We went there for the escargot...”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #139 of 398 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An authentic italian restaurant located on the Historic Montana Avenue in Billings, MT.
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I love escargot and whenever I have the opportunity, I order it. I was so excited to find a restaurant with escargot on the menu. Sadly, when we went to order, they told us they were out that day. For dinner, I ended up ordering a sausage and pasta dish with bell peppers and onions. It was OK - and by OK, I mean I wouldn't order it again. - The sauce tasted a bit more like Ragu than true Italian. - We went with a large group and when looking around at all the other dishes, I'd have to say the selection at our table didn't look terribly impressive. The Caesar Salad presentation was terrific and while I didn't order it, I understand they must use real anchovy paste. The atmosphere was very nice and the service was excellent. I'm a real food snob and I love truly authentic ethnic food. This didn't taste to me like I was in Italy. But overall, it was a decent place to get a bite to eat.

Date of visit: April 2012
1  Thank Roamin_Mt_Rushmore

Reviewed April 11, 2012

The tillapia pasta was fabulous. The server was really nice and service was quick.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a definite if you are seeking a lovely ambience, great service and incredible food.. From the appetizers, entrees, and coffee and dessert everyday was soooo delicious. Perfect for a special personal event.

Date of visit: March 2012
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Gourmet Italian. Always interesting choice of entrees.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

From the start nice atmosphere, menu with lots of unique items, presentation of food very appealing, especially the Caesar salad with the "tuile," a new word for me.
All food items for our group were rated very good!
Overall, not your usual chain Italian with friendly attentive service. Enjoy!
Only little hit was the oh by the way unmentioned $1.00 per the offered anchovies on the Caesar that showed on the bill - tacky for as much as these meals cost.

Been to Cafe Italia? Share your experiences!