“Typically solid Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Powell, Ohio
“Typically solid Hampton Inn”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Other than being located off but near the beaten path, this HI is typically solid. Nothing special, but everything you'd expect. Good sized and comfortable room, usual "free" breakfast fare, 24-hr. coffee, business center, gym, pool, and friendly staff at reasonable rates with a bar/restaurant next door. As always, a good and safe choice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed August 22, 2014

It has a spacious lobby, and is quiet. You can run the AC fan continuously to provide white noise. There is no little fridge or microwave, however. I think I chose this place to stay over another Billings hotel which was 'pet friendly'. Nothing against pets, but I didn't want to risk having a room with a barking dog next door.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I decided we needed some alone time as our work and family schedules have been keeping us extremely busy. We booked this room during the Fair week and the kids in a different Hotel so we could just get some good sleep and relaxation. This hotel was just the right call for us. Quiet, close enough to the places we wanted to go to.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I've never left a negative review on here before, but I can't say that we will return. This place did not even come close to providing value for the price. We were on the road for two weeks and ended our trip here, and not on the relaxing note we were expecting. Our room did not get cleaned and we did not have fresh towels until we asked several times. The worst of it was that "someone" from outside our party had opened the door and put a do not disturb sign on it. Sounds like the maid service was trying to get out of cleaning rooms! Many rooms on our floor had the same complaints. They were still cleaning rooms at 9:30 that night. There were no towels at the pool and we had to ask several times to get towels. The hot water was empty, so the kids couldn't even have the hot chocolate before bed. When we complained, we didn't even get a simple sorry and nothing was done to rectify the situation. We thought we would try a Hampton hotel since they boast such good service. Not again! We have received much better service and value at budget hotels at half the cost.

• Stayed August 2014
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Carla C,
We are sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Please contact me at your convenience so we can make it up to you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

CHEYENNE
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stay at Hampton Inn's throughout the country and this was by far the worst I have experienced. The hallway noise was constant. The pool/hot tub was unacceptable. The room/building was not very clean. And the staff appeared apathetic. My family was scheduled to stay for 2 nights, but we left after the first night and stayed at a much better Hampton Inn in Buffalo, WY where we had a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Keith G,
We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our guest services department and have been addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure proper compensation for your non-satisfactory stay. I truly hope we will have the chance to make it up to you on your next visit to the area.

Kind regards,

Sparks, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had excellent service and excellent room accommodations. Whatever was not right, they helped to fix it. They took care of the problem right away. The hotel food and 24 hour coffee/tea bar was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this area even over the other Hampton Inn located further west of Billings. We had no idea that hotel even existed when I made the reservations. They accommodated out early arrival for a wedding by having both rooms ready, as I had called ahead to check on that before I left home.

Dear Terri B,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear we were able to provide excellent accommodations on such a special day for you and your family. We look forward to your next visit to Billings. Thank you for staying with us!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'm not sure I have ever written a poor review as I am such a positive person, but this Hampton was very disappointing as far as Hamptons go. It was dark, not exceptionally clean, the hot tub didnt have anything but a tiny swirl, the tub was small and the towels were thin and scratchy. Most of the staff were really friendly and very helpful, but at breakfast I witnessed one of the kitchen assistance making moves on someone who appeared to either be her boyfriend eating breakfast there, or another male worker. He had a friend with him and they both ate before I did. There was another gal in the breakfast nook that was amazingly friendly and hard working, smiling at everyone, but her helper was grumpy and tired. I am just typically very impressed with Hampton Inns but this time I left a night early because it was not up to par.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear keithandkellyg,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry we did not provide you with outstanding quality service during your recent stay. We will use your comments as a training tool to improve our service. We hope you will consider staying with us again.