“Good Stay”

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Mount Vernon, United States
“Good Stay”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Check in experience was very poor due to undertrained person at the desk. After that my stay was very nice. Room was clean and quiet. Nice ammenities (including 2 burner cook top & full size refrigerator) Air conditioning was super. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Anchorage, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Room smelled, multiple requests ignored, key cards failed, internet failed, couldn't get room serviced at 1pm, front desk not communicating with service staff, etc. I was told final price would be $144 per night. Then I was surprised by a receipt being slide under my door at 3am with the final pricing at $156 per night. This is a $8-90 per night hotel. It was also right beside an industrial equipment yard, so we had a great view of that. Over all it was not a grand couple's experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Arrived in Billings on business from the east coast. Long day flying and tight time line on business itinerary led to a very tired me. After checking in and being greeted by a friendly and professional staff, I hit the comfort zone on my bed quickly. I can genuinely say that my stay there was perhaps the best hotel stay I've had in years. Great job Hampton Inn. I will be back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Hamptons all the time because they are consistently clean, courteous and a great value . Not this Hampton. Upon arrival it was almost 15 minutes to check in because one front desk girl was training and forgot her computer password and the other took almost 10 minutes to take a reservation by phone. I got to the 3rd floor where my room was located and the hallways smelled of stale cigarette smoke, got in my room and it was freezing with the A/C as low as it would go and shaking and rattling so hard the floor and the bed were vibrating. There were no pillow case covers on the pillows, no extra pillows for hide a bed, shower was dirty, and there was no fridge. This is the first suite I have ever stayed in at a Hampton without one. Room amenities and breakfast were mediocre at best . For 144.00 I felt it was definitely not worth it. Next time I go to Billings I will stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stopped here after a 700 mile day. Check in was very fast. Prices are about usual for Billings which are too high but if you want to stay you gotta pay. The room was very clean, great king bed, large bathroom, lots of towels. Flat screen new tv's, the ac worked great. The staff was very good and always asking if they could help in anyway. There is a nice sports bar right next door with great bar food and mostly hotel guests in it. The complimentary breakfast is about normal for big chains now, not as good as some, and better than others.The only real complaint we had was the property sits right off the freeway and you cannot open the window at night for the traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Everything in Billings takes advantage of their proximity to the Yellowstone National Park. The prices are high. Be prepared to pay more than you would normally pay for average accommodation. The Hampton Inn is no exception. The usual complimentary breakfast is offered.
The state capital has nothing to offer to the visitor.
If you can avoid having accommodations in Billings, it is the right decision. Have a good meal and continue your travels.

Room Tip: Beware the prices!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We actually did not stay the night at this place; however, I felt the need to write a review based on the welcome we received when we needed a quiet place to stop, rest, and work for a couple of hours. We told the desk clerk that we needed to rest in the front lounge and have coffee, and she said "Sure!". We stayed 2 hours and worked on computers catching up with urgent messages from clients, had coffee, used the facilities, visited with the staff then hit the road again. This location was easy to get to and easy to get back to the freeway.

They were very welcoming and lovely to us. I will definitely stay next time I am through here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business