“Staff”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Nightime manager was very rude and seemed like she didnt appreciate the business that I gave them. We went to the pool for a nightime swim and the manager accused us of being too loud and threatened us by saying she would kick us out room. I was not to impressed by the way she treated paying customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colter Y

Reviewed May 23, 2014

No surprises here. Hampton Inn consistently delivers warm accommodations and a pleasant stay which is why I continue to book in every city I visit. This Billings, MT location is right in-line with expectations and comes recommended by this business traveler.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nathan P
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The standout here is the staff – they are friendly and helpful, and greet you with a smile every time they see you. The hotel itself has some plusses and minuses. On the plus side, the ample work desk and the nightstands have charging stations; the TV has many true HD channels; and the wi-fi works well (no ethernet as far as I could tell). On the minus side, the water was noticeably chlorinated when I was there. That might clear up, but the train noise won’t. It’s not overly intrusive, but if you’re sensitive to noise (as I am), you’ll notice it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The Hampton Inn Billings, MT is a very nice Hilton property with great service, very nice clean rooms and the usual great Hampton free breakfast. The indoor swimming pool is huge as is the whirlpool. Very large towels at the pool is very nice too. My room didn't have a microwave nor a refrigerator but the very nice young man at the front desk showed me the microwave in the "breakfast room" which worked great for my canned dinner. I met the Manager in the morning and we talked about all the baseball memorabilia in the case by the front desk. There is a Single A team in town that is part of the Reds farm system so if you're in Billings during the short farm team season you might take in a game and stay at this highly recommended Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Whatever happened to hospitality???? Be nice to your customers, the rate you charge is more than worth a smile or a kind word! An extra blanket in a drafty room would have been nice without the threat of a service charge!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Cheri D,
Thank you very much for your review, your comments are very beneficial to us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I assure you this is not the norm. Yes we were extremely busy but that is no excuse for less than perfect service. I am also very sorry that you felt fear of service charges for asking for anything extra, we will always provide extra amenities free of charge. I have shared your comments with our staff as well so this will not happen again. I hope you would consider staying with us again, so we can demonstrate our commitment to our guests.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stay at Hampton Inns. They are clean, numerous, reasonably priced, and -- with minor variations -- predictable. Unfortunately this hotel in Billings fractured the record.

The young woman at the desk was away getting something when we arrived. Everything stopped because nobody else was working the desk. When she returned, she turned out to be pleasant and efficient but she still was only half the people needed for that job.

In the (quite small) room, we noticed the absence of the yellow stickies bragging that everything was clean. In fact, the duvet smelled of body odor, not detergent.

In the bathroom, the cap on the shampoo was loose and there was enough shampoo on the outside of the container to work up a good lather.

The wired internet did not work at all.

To add injury to the insult, the $170 rate was high, especially so for the size of the room.

This hotel is convenient both to downtown Billings and the airport, but we will not suffer it again. Fortunately, there is a newer one a few miles west.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.

Dear CosmoNaughtie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff.I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me at michele.sanchez@hilton.com or 406-248-4949.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This property is very comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Went swimming in their nice pool, and afterwards decided to dry our swim suits in their guest laundry. Was pleasantly surprised when the front desk staff told us that one of the dryers could be used at no charge. Above and beyond courtesy! Thank you Hampton Inn of Billings!

Dear 148beckyh,
Thank you for such a nice review. I am happy we were able to give you such a pleasant experience and that you were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer. Also, I am glad our staff took excellent care of you and your family. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Billings.