“NEVER Again.....”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Whatever happened to hospitality???? Be nice to your customers, the rate you charge is more than worth a smile or a kind word! An extra blanket in a drafty room would have been nice without the threat of a service charge!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Cheri D,
Thank you very much for your review, your comments are very beneficial to us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I assure you this is not the norm. Yes we were extremely busy but that is no excuse for less than perfect service. I am also very sorry that you felt fear of service charges for asking for anything extra, we will always provide extra amenities free of charge. I have shared your comments with our staff as well so this will not happen again. I hope you would consider staying with us again, so we can demonstrate our commitment to our guests.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stay at Hampton Inns. They are clean, numerous, reasonably priced, and -- with minor variations -- predictable. Unfortunately this hotel in Billings fractured the record.

The young woman at the desk was away getting something when we arrived. Everything stopped because nobody else was working the desk. When she returned, she turned out to be pleasant and efficient but she still was only half the people needed for that job.

In the (quite small) room, we noticed the absence of the yellow stickies bragging that everything was clean. In fact, the duvet smelled of body odor, not detergent.

In the bathroom, the cap on the shampoo was loose and there was enough shampoo on the outside of the container to work up a good lather.

The wired internet did not work at all.

To add injury to the insult, the $170 rate was high, especially so for the size of the room.

This hotel is convenient both to downtown Billings and the airport, but we will not suffer it again. Fortunately, there is a newer one a few miles west.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.

Dear CosmoNaughtie,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff.I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me at michele.sanchez@hilton.com or 406-248-4949.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This property is very comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Went swimming in their nice pool, and afterwards decided to dry our swim suits in their guest laundry. Was pleasantly surprised when the front desk staff told us that one of the dryers could be used at no charge. Above and beyond courtesy! Thank you Hampton Inn of Billings!

Dear 148beckyh,
Thank you for such a nice review. I am happy we were able to give you such a pleasant experience and that you were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer. Also, I am glad our staff took excellent care of you and your family. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Billings.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Each location I visit for business or personal, I have enjoyed the quality and consistency of each Hampton Inn. The newer hotels are especially nice. Staff is well trained and the level of care is great. I recently had to make a change from another brand of hotels which I didn't choose myself originally. One can say experience is a great learning tool. Great job Hampton Inn. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric G
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Eric G,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hamptons are an excellent choice for quality and consistency. We are glad that you made the switch and I am confident you will continue to be pleased with our Billings Hampton as well as the Hamptons across the world. Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

When we came for check in, we were not able to get our room till after 4:30 PM The next day room was not cleaned till about 5PM and then was not replenished with toilet paper or shampoo etc. The second night room was not cleaned at all. I had called at 4 PM because there was no toilet paper. They brought some up and said they were not done cleaning yet. We left at 5:30 and room was still not cleaned. I returned at 11:30 and had to call down for clean towels. The breakfast bar was nice but they close the doors promptly at ten. They have popcorn/cookies but saw none on Saturday and if you don't get both early you won't see them cook more of either. I will go back to Country Inn and Suites next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank birdbreeder

Dear Birdbreeder,
Thank you for your review. I see we definitely dropped the ball during your stay and I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your family. I assure you this is not the norm. Please feel free to contact me at 406-248-4949 or by email at Michele.Sanchez@Hilton.com so we can compensate you for your troubles. Again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My room was very clean and comfortable. The location was nice, because it was quiet and yet just a hop away from the interestate and being close to everything. The staff was wonderful to work with and the complimentary breakfast was better then most hotels. Not just cereal and bagels! I would stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Krista C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us an excellent review! We are happy to hear we delivered on our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! This is our main goal and we look forward to seeing to the next time your travels bring you to Billings!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was one of the best stays i had from a hotel in a very long time.The staff had gone out of their way to make sure that my room was at the desired temperature before i had arrived without any complaints. They made sure that there was a Pepsi sitting in a tube of ice along with a water. It was so nice to be able to come from the road to a room that was prepared for me upon my arrive. They had a shuttle ready that was very comfortable to sit in while i was transported to and from the airport. The staff was very busy but took the time to make me feel like i was important to them. Thank you to the Staff @ the Billings Hampton Inn.... Tanya

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tanya T

Dear Tanya T,
Thank you for the excellent review! Our staff is delighted to hear we were able to make this stay one of your best hotel stays in a long time. We work hard to give our guests 100% Satisfaction from beginning to end! Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again in the future.