“Stay at the other Hampton or somewhere else!”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I couldn't get into the newer Hampton so I should have stayed at a different property. Check is was OK but finding your room is confusing, they have two sides and if you get in the wrong elevator you can't get to your side. It's just a goofy thing but annoying. My room was fairly clean upon check in but not spotless.

Breakfast was not the best, the eggs were like marbles, hard and round, the round "mystery meat" was just plain nasty! My work colleagues were at the newer Hampton and the breakfast there was far more appetizing. Soft eggs and real meats, bacon and sausage.

The final straw come after returning to my room for my final night after a long day. Housekeeping didn't clean my room! I called the front desk, after 30 rings or so a kid answers and says "hello" I ask " is this the front desk?" He replies " redo, front desk this is Justin" laughing....I inform Justin that housekeeping didn't clean my room, he said that's weird, they were there today. Not getting the point I tell him my trash is full, towels are dirty, and bed wasn't made. Justin says he'll tell housekeeping in the morning! Awesome customer service!

Service failures used to mean something at a Hilton property, clearly not any more!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tooblackdogs
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Toolblackdogs,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and the front desk service and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with all of our staff to see where we dropped the ball and to prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you again for your feedback I asure you this is not the norm and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have never been treated so well, acknowledged as quickly nor had such a great stay with any other INN. Hampton Inn Billings ROCKS! especially Tanisha and Sheila P. We were greeted at the desk very warmly, given awesome directions, tips and those lovely warm cookies and checked into our rooms with ease. When we had questions there was never a pause, Sheila P knew the answer and was even available to interact during the evening when we came back from using the pool and hot tub as we munched on the salsa, chips and popcorn. Tanisha was awesome in seeing that we had all the accomodations needed and greeted us with friendliness that was closer to being a friend, than a staff person where we were lodging. It is because of these two ladies we returned to the Hampton Inn Billings from our previous stay the week prior!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff at this Hampton location was very friendly and made certain I was greeted as a return guest of their establishment. The renovations to the main lobby were a great upgrade and I always take advantage of their complimentary breakfast. The room was average for a Hampton Inn but the bathroom left much to be desired. The lighting in the bathroom flickered constantly and buzzed like a bug zapper when illuminated. The shower stall had obvious signs of water stains (black) on the ceiling which had been painted over several times in an attempt to conceal the issue overhead. For future stays in Billings, this location may not be my first call, or second,... but I would return if I was travelling in a pinch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the best Hotel to stay at if traveling through Billings Montana. I am a business man who travels a lot and stay in a lot of Hotels. The rooms are clean, breakfast is awesome and the employees are very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The place is very solidly OK, but could use sprucing up. There were stains on the carpets, particularly in the elevators and the corridors smelled of cigarette smoke. I was on a non-smoking floor and, to be fair, the room was fine, but I did hit a wall on the way to the elevator. I would have appreciated a refrigerator in the room, but there was none. The breakfast was the same as most Hamptons except they kept running out of things and the kitchen staff seemed quite lethargic and slow to replenish. I'd rate it about 50th percentile of Hamptons I've visited.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A great hotel for the price. Breakfast is included and the beds are super-comfortable. We stay at Hampton Inns all over the country and are always satisfied. The front desk staff goes out of their way to assist you in any way they are able. Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

If anyone has followed our reviews you would see our summer trip took us from Wyoming to LA to New Mexico to Billings and points between. We stayed in Hamptons Homewood suites and embassy suites the whole way. Billings was the most expensive hotel, but that was its only problem.This hotel has really stepped up its game. Its remodeled,excellent staff, great facilities definately makes it one we will return to, even if it is a bit high priced in comparison.

• Stayed: September 2013