“Book ahead in Billings”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night in August and was one of the last places to have rooms. Queen bed with sofa - no other amenities in room. Free hot breakfast - puzzled by round balls of scrambled egg! Frozen? Yuk. 24 hour tiny pool and fitness centre. For a late arrival early out good value but not a place to linger.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall, a good stay, though not the best Hampton Inn in which I've stayed...a bit on the older style of Hamptons. The real problem is the poor cooling ability of the air conditioning. We stayed here a week ago and both times we had a room on the west side of the hotel...BIG mistake! It was 99 degrees last week and 96 today. The air conditioning in the room simply blows warm air. Insist on a room on the east side (even numbered rooms)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the first and last night of a one-week long road trip through Teton and Yellowstone NP. It was a good and comfortable stay. Check in was welcoming and rapid. Room spacious, clean and quiet. (The interstate is right outside, but I didn't hear it.) A previous reviewer mentioned the bed to be too soft, but again we were happily exhausted to feel it; solid night sleep. Breakfast is ample with a few healthy options. Although hotel is in a good location, only 15 minutes from the airport (with a complimentary shuttle!), there aren't too many dining options in close proximity. There's a Subway, McDonalds and a Mexican restaurant a block away. All in all, I'd stay here again and would recommend Hampton Inn Billings.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed for one night in early July. Booked a one bedroom suite which while clean and spacious had an odd body odor/wet carpet smell. Beds were comfortable and had no problems with the AC or noise (we were on the 3rd floor facing the Interstate). We had a jacuzzi tub in our room which took forever to fill because it used the jets to fill it, not a faucet, which I have never seen before and was a little odd and I could never get the water more than lukewarm. Our son enjoyed the swimming pool. The breakfast was adequate (like other hotel breakfasts it was nothing spectacular but it was a free breakfast that you didn't have to go and try and find a restaurant to go to). Staff were friendly and helpful. Lobby area was very clean. While it wasn't a bad stay, I would likely try the other Hampton Inn in Billings or another hotel before we stayed here again. That said, if you are looking for a convenient location for an overnight in Billings, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PrairieSarah
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I try to stay at Hamptons and/or Hilton properties while on the road. Safe,good,friendly lodging.
This is a 3 strikes you're out scenario...traveling with spouse on little vacation.
Check in fine. Get to room and...
1. Bathroom not clean. I take care of it before wife sees it and report it to front desk staff who seem appropriately horrified.
2.TV does not work. Tell front desk...she comes to room and says a button on the tv must be pushed and a certain field must be selected for tv to work. Why it can't be corrected by maintenance or replaced is not answered. Remote useless untill this button is pushed. Front desk personnel admits they've had problems with the room I'm in...Great News!
3. Back from dinner & want to wash up a little. Insufficient towels. Third time down to front desk...GRRR! Thankfully I'm right down the hall.

Front desk person said compensation would be coming in some form though she didn't specify. Nothing has been done to date...I stayed the night of 7/11. It is now evening of 7/12 and nothing has been done. The bill under my door reflected NO consideration for this rash of foibles. I told them,"3 strikes and your out". The front desk woman said ,"We will take care of you". Foolish me...I thought that meant a discount for my troubles...Nope.
This is really negligent though not on a grand scale. But these hassles added up makes for an unpleasant stay.

Room Tip: Front desk did seem contrite but perhaps didn't have the clout to provide compensation for my li...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drifly77
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

As a frequent business traveler with Hilton gold status, I stay in lots of Hamptons, and this one was adequate. My room was a typical nice room, everything was clean, and the staff service was fine. The hotel is close to the interstate and there's a lot of road noise. This place was adequate, nothing more.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rams1994
michele_sanchez, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the road noise. If you would like to email me your information we can put a room preference in your profile to assign you a nice quiet location pior to arrival. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great place to stay, the staff was very nice to deal with and the room was very clean. I will stay there again. The check out time was 12:00 and I thought I needed some extra time and she extended it to 1:00 with a smile. Thank you, that gave me peace of mind during my presentation. I arrived at shift change and even though she was ready to leave she came back and took care of checking me in to avoid delays, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Abelardo G