“Tucked away goldmine!”

Bull Mountain Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bull Mountain Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 345 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bull Mountain Grille is a locally owned Montana Steakhouse. Relaxed Montana style atmosphere with hand cut steaks, local beer and much more.
Vancouver, Washington
“Tucked away goldmine!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was told about this place by a sub contractor of mine and am glad I took him up on it. Nice little restaurant on the outskirts of Billings. Great service, nice western theme and great food.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gene K

Los Angeles, California
“Chewy Steak But First Class Service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was recommended to us by our hotel after a late arrival in Billings. The staff here was exceptionally nice or maybe that's just Montana. I ordered the soup of the day which was a beef chili that honestly should have been my entire meal. it was packed with huge chunks of steak and unlike any chili I've ever had. Had I known I would have gotten a big bowl and forgone the steak I had as a main course because it was just OK- tasty but a bit chewy and tough.
Our waitress was sweet as can be, although I never did catch her name.
Not a bad stop but I'd probably go elsewhere if I ever return to Billings.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bccrab
Redwood City, California
“No frills steak house”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rustic indeeed. It feels pretty much like you're sitting in somebody's barn. The beef cuts we ordered were not choice cuts but were prepared ok, so a little tough. The salads are just ok. Service was ok but the big downer here is that they serve only wine and beer. There are better food choices in Billings so we will not be back.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great steak in Montana - Finally!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I moved to Montana a few years ago and was surprised there wasn't a steak joint on every corner. Now I search high and low for a good steak...well, I can now say I have had a decent steak in Montana...at Bull Mountain Grille!!

I ordered the NY Strip and it came with a huckleberry sauce I believe and I told them to put it on the side because I could picture in my head was some jelly smeared all over my steak...boy was I wrong!! That huckleberry sauce was like an Au Jus sauce, and let me tell you...I could have drank it straight from the cup they served it in. My steak itself was up in my top 5 for sure, and that's not any easy thing to do being I've eaten at Mortons, Charley's, Salt Rock Grill, Berns, Ruth's Chris, etc... Juicy, cooked perfectly, and definitely a good cut of meat.

I also had some sort of chicken and wild rice soup too. I'm not a huge fan of wild rice, but the soup was incredible.

I would definitely give this place a shot and I know I will definitely be eating there again.

• Visited May 2013
Billings, Montana
“THE place for beef!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped by for our anniversary dinner, Everything was fantastic, perfectly cooked ribeyes, expertly seasoned mushrooms and a truly loaded baked potato. Only plce for improvement would be on presentation of the salad, a very minor point. Our waitress Skyler was truly a delight. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ron k

Been to Bull Mountain Grille? Share your experiences!