“No frills steak house”

Bull Mountain Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Bull Mountain Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 350 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bull Mountain Grille is a locally owned Montana Steakhouse. Relaxed Montana style atmosphere with hand cut steaks, local beer and much more.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rustic indeeed. It feels pretty much like you're sitting in somebody's barn. The beef cuts we ordered were not choice cuts but were prepared ok, so a little tough. The salads are just ok. Service was ok but the big downer here is that they serve only wine and beer. There are better food choices in Billings so we will not be back.

There are newer reviews for Bull Mountain Grille

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I moved to Montana a few years ago and was surprised there wasn't a steak joint on every corner. Now I search high and low for a good steak...well, I can now say I have had a decent steak in Montana...at Bull Mountain Grille!!

I ordered the NY Strip and it came with a huckleberry sauce I believe and I told them to put it on the side because I could picture in my head was some jelly smeared all over my steak...boy was I wrong!! That huckleberry sauce was like an Au Jus sauce, and let me tell you...I could have drank it straight from the cup they served it in. My steak itself was up in my top 5 for sure, and that's not any easy thing to do being I've eaten at Mortons, Charley's, Salt Rock Grill, Berns, Ruth's Chris, etc... Juicy, cooked perfectly, and definitely a good cut of meat.

I also had some sort of chicken and wild rice soup too. I'm not a huge fan of wild rice, but the soup was incredible.

I would definitely give this place a shot and I know I will definitely be eating there again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped by for our anniversary dinner, Everything was fantastic, perfectly cooked ribeyes, expertly seasoned mushrooms and a truly loaded baked potato. Only plce for improvement would be on presentation of the salad, a very minor point. Our waitress Skyler was truly a delight. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank ron k
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place is a great steak place and the waitress was the best, however, she's no longer there for her own reasons. Food was great and filling, but it's just so far to go travel in the heights if you live in the west end.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Although the prices do not reflect it, the steaks are excellent. Well worth the money and much better than some of the other moderate range places around town.

Been to Bull Mountain Grille? Share your experiences!