“Wonderful Experience”

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #10 of 360 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It's Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more... Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too. At Mambo's, we serve up immigrant style Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went with 2 adults and 2 teenagers on a Friday night (late 8:00 dinner). Surprisingly; we walked in with no reservations and waited only 5 minutes for a table. This was the first visit for all of us for casual Italian. The service was incredibly good and the staff was very attentive to everything. The prepped a custom meal for one of our party that had a special request. The staff gave great recommendation for wines, and the food was wonderful !! The Garlic bread was finished before I could have a second piece, so I'm taking some liberty in saying it was good (it bordered on great). The atmosphere was great and very conducive for a wonderful dinner conversation between the four of us. All of us walked away impressed.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have had dinner here twice now and the food has been excellent. Everything we had was delicious even the garlic bread was to die for! But my favorite was dessert. It was fried pizza dough that you dipped in a choice of three sauces: chocolate, caramel and raspberry. So save room for dessert!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We heard about this place recently from a friend of ours so we thought we'd give it a try. The food was great and the service was good. We never had an empty glass and were checked on regularly. The only complaint I would have is it took about 45 minutes for us to get our food. We will definetly

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Last New Year's Eve, a group of my friends and I were lucky enough to eat at Ciao Mambo. We called with less than a week's notice and the ownership was happy to accomidate over 20 of us! The staff is fantastic. They have a great wine list and the best Italian food in town. Try the Manicotti with Sausage, you will be happy you did.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ciao Mambo is a favorite of ours. It's one of the few Italian restaurants in the area that is willing to cater to my gluten-free spouse. They don't actually offer a gluten-free pasta, but will cook it for the customer if you bring it in.

There are three local Italian restaurants that we enjoy, Ciao Mambo being our choice for pasta. It's always flavorful and fresh. Sadly, on this visit the "Papa Biagio's Bolognese" was so spicy that my wife and friend both had difficulty eating theirs. I love a spicy dish and thoroughly enjoyed my "Fettuccine alla Rustica." Although my dinner partners both commented on the excessive "hot" in their meals, they both agreed that the food was exceptionally good.

Our waitress suggested a "better" wine than we had originally ordered, over 50% higher than the original. Sadly, it didn't warrant the praise or additional price. Our mistake.

Our waitress was personable, humorous and pleasant. However, there was no adjustment made, nor any offer to compensate for the overly-seasoned meals. We made no comment on the wine.

So, a very good meal with some reservations, Very nice service with some unresolved issues. A favorite restaurant with some cautions. We'll be back, but will be cautious in our ordering.