“Great Atmosphere”

Ciao Mambo
Ranked #10 of 355 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: With creative twists on classic recipes there is something for everyone in the family. It's Italian Nachos, Minestrone, Lasagne, Tiramisu, Chianti, Frank Sinatra, Great Fun, Wonderful Service and a whole lot more... Ciao Mambo atmosphere works just as well for romantic couples as it does for a cozy table of family, friends and children too. At Mambo's, we serve up immigrant style Italian cuisine in a happening family ambiance. Our pasta dishes with rich, savory sauces and fresh ingredients, thin crust pizzas baked to perfection, and unmatchable service will keep you coming back for more. Bring your friends, family and appetite for fun, and we'll handle the rest.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Last New Year's Eve, a group of my friends and I were lucky enough to eat at Ciao Mambo. We called with less than a week's notice and the ownership was happy to accomidate over 20 of us! The staff is fantastic. They have a great wine list and the best Italian food in town. Try the Manicotti with Sausage, you will be happy you did.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ciao Mambo is a favorite of ours. It's one of the few Italian restaurants in the area that is willing to cater to my gluten-free spouse. They don't actually offer a gluten-free pasta, but will cook it for the customer if you bring it in.

There are three local Italian restaurants that we enjoy, Ciao Mambo being our choice for pasta. It's always flavorful and fresh. Sadly, on this visit the "Papa Biagio's Bolognese" was so spicy that my wife and friend both had difficulty eating theirs. I love a spicy dish and thoroughly enjoyed my "Fettuccine alla Rustica." Although my dinner partners both commented on the excessive "hot" in their meals, they both agreed that the food was exceptionally good.

Our waitress suggested a "better" wine than we had originally ordered, over 50% higher than the original. Sadly, it didn't warrant the praise or additional price. Our mistake.

Our waitress was personable, humorous and pleasant. However, there was no adjustment made, nor any offer to compensate for the overly-seasoned meals. We made no comment on the wine.

So, a very good meal with some reservations, Very nice service with some unresolved issues. A favorite restaurant with some cautions. We'll be back, but will be cautious in our ordering.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My title pretty much says it all. The atmosphere is great and he restaurant is located on historic Montana Avenue. The prices are no more expensive than the Olive Garden but Ciao Mambo is so much better!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Visiting Billings from CT where I live in a very Italian community, I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful meal I got. The service was excellent. Kai was our server and she was on top of her game. I was impressed by all the work she did around the restaurant while it seemed the other wait staff did nothing. Will definitely go back when I return to Billings in a couple of months!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I had Saturday 7 PM reservations and were seated immediately. Our waitress told us we had 90 minutes before 30 highschoolers were scheduled to arrive and would be seated about 15 feet away -- wrong: they arrived in limos in 30 minutes. Couples in formalware and most (but not all) were well behaved, but normal conversation predictably became very difficult. Ordered a $40+ bottle of wine and a sample taste was poured into a recently washed wine glass. I asked which was hot, the glass or the wine. Then mentioned we would be ordering an appetizer and salads and waitress said our entree could be served in 20 minutes and asked if that was OK. I said absolutely no entrees before we finished the salads (our small table wouldn't have had room anyway).

We wouldn't order the antipasto again, but salads, bread, and entrees were excellent (Pasta Ravenna and Lasagna). After each course our plates were whisked away and the next course arrived. As I was about to finish my entree, my wife said "Don't put your fork down or they will take your plate." I ordered coffee (no refill was offered), we finished our wine, declined dessert, paid our bill and left 75 minutes after we walked in the door. It was obvious the servers were under orders to 'turn the table", but if one plans to have a leisurely meal and leave over $100 behind, I suggest you find some place other than Ciao Mambo. Good food alone won't bring us back.

Jeff S, Manager at Ciao Mambo, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

I would like to start by saying how sorry we are for making you feel so rushed. There is no excuse for this. As you may have seen how stressed and overwhelmed the staff was the night you dined, being overloaded with high school age kids. This is not the experience we try to provide for our customers. We do hope to see you again in the future, and I hope that we can live up to your and our expectations.

Been to Ciao Mambo? Share your experiences!