“Good, rustic Italian food”

Bruno's Taste of Italy
Ranked #61 of 355 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We enjoyed our meal. Mine was a bit too spicy for my taste. My husband really liked his meal. The service was very good.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Bruno's in Billings, MT a couple nights ago. It was the first time we had been to Bruno's in over five years. Our previous meals there had not been very good but we decided to try it again because some friends wanted to eat there with us.

Salad was served first with a nice, but watery Italian dressing. The salad was large, but basically iceberg lettuce with a couple of spinach leaves, one cucumber slice, and one cherry tomato.

For the entree, I had the mosticiello (sp?) (pasta, sugo, green peppers, sausage) which was acceptable. The sugo sauce was thin, as advertised, but it tasted a bit too acidic for me, somewhat like the taste you get when you cook tomato sauces in an aluminum pot. However, my meal was OK and I will give it a 3 rating.

My wife had chicken alfredo which she said tasted very bad. She said her meal deserved a rating of only one star. She said the chicken was rubbery and did not know if it was severely under cooked, or what. She could not tell by the color because, of course, it was covered with the alfredo sauce. She also said most of the chicken pieces tasted very old as if they had been lying around in their kitchen for many days. She ended up picking the chicken pieces out of the meal and just eating the pasta.

The decor in Bruno's is typical modern day building trying to look old authentic Italian, but it was not off-putting.

Our server was a bit over attentive by checking on our table at least six times during our meal of an hour. However, that is better than a server that never comes back to the table.

The prices were decent with my meal and my wife's meal at about $15 each.

We will probably never return to Bruno's for dinner. This is about the fourth time we have eaten there in about 10 years. Each time we say we won't go back because the meals just don't taste very good. I think this time we will stick to our guns and just suggest a different restaurant when friends want to go to Bruno's.

1  Thank klkks
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Love Bruno's the food and service are great. It's like grandmas homemade Italian cooking.
the portions are fabulous. You will be happy you came to Bruno's!
Love the decor and the server.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We loved everything about our dinner here. Or waiter made sure we had everything we asked for and even customized some food for a friend with dietary restrictions. We got our bread for the table with olive oil, balsamic and minced garlic. The raspberry tea was great. House dressing was homemade, fresh and delicious. Chicken parm was excellent. And we were too full for dessert! We'll never go to Olive Garden again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, great staff. Loved the food and would definitely visit again when in the area.