“A Treat!”
Review of Pryor Mountains

Ranked #21 of 66 things to do in Billings
More attraction details
Owner description: Located south of Billings, these mountains boast beautiful vistas, spectacular canyons and high mountain meadows for hiking, camping and hunting.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Being in the mountains withe very few people around was wonderful. At times we felt we had the place to ourselves. It's not the Beartooths for sure but it is much more than I expected from what I saw of them from Billings.

1  Thank Paul S
There are newer reviews for Pryor Mountains

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was really following Indian Wars battles from Sheridan but one day my guide asked if I'd like to see wild mustangs. Would I? Of course! I know there is a big push to try and save wild mustanges in the south of the country, but these ponies up here in the Prior Mountains were just wonderful. We got close enough to see the stripes on their legs. And when you hear about how they are descended from the Crow and Cheyenne pony herds you get a different view of special history.

5  Thank SanGeorgi
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was a wonderful trip, we used Fun Montana Adventures to book it. Max was a guide extraordinaire, and his son was wonderful too.

1  Thank OhtheplacesPortland
Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you are looking for a remote, off the beaten path place to relax and get away from the crowds, then look no further. Access is rugged and 4wd is highly recommended. The slow going in is worth every minute.

2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed September 1, 2012

You won't find many tourists here (and not many tourist amenities), but that's what makes this out-of-the-way place so great. If you're lucky you'll see the wild horses.

2  Thank EcoArtTraveler