“Good Until” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Billings

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Billings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I checked in due to truck problems that took longer than i expected to resolve. Staff did all they could to accomidate me. Very friendly manager and hk staff. Other girl at front desk was friendly, smiling and polite. Will defenitly return for another stay

• Stayed October 2012
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

The title says it all. Crumbling baseboard in the bathroom. Sheets on the bed which only come up to your chest (is that called short sheeting? I'm not sure). A ridiculously small room with a phone that didn't work (and was sticky, to boot) and more than half the channels listed on the TV ended up as a black screen or snow.

Add to that the half-eaten donut lingering in the building's entry (wing C, I believe) when we arrived -- a keycard is useless with that door, by the way, as the lock is broken and the door swings in the wind --, someone very thoughtfully leaving their half-drunk beverage near the door -- or at least I hope it was a beverage -- when we left, and the kids running up and down the hall screaming at the top of their lungs most of the night (call the Front Desk to complain, you say? Remember, that phone doesn't work. And it's sticky. Ew.), it's safe to say we'll never be back.

Better yet, our night there was so horrific that after a long day of driving and a restless half-sleep fighting with the sheets and feeling absolutely disgusting, we could not WAIT to get on the road the next morning at the crack of dawn for an even longer day of driving.

While checking out, the Front Desk staff made it clear I was interrupting their chat and only helped me begrudgingly. When she asked, with the smallest modicum of interest, how my stay was and I said, clearly annoyed, "it was okay" -- figuring a lengthy explanation of all that was wrong would be wasted as she was clearly itching to get back to her conversation --, she barely raised an eyebrow, as if they're well aware the place sucks and just don't care.

I almost ran through the parking lot to get to my car and get the heck out.

If you have low standards, ... well, I don't know, I'd still look elsewhere. There's gotta be someplace better than this little Bangladesh in Billings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Jonathan W
Sara V, Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your most recent response to your most recent stay with us. I apologize for the dissatisfactions you expressed. I am available 24/7 and do apologize that I was not able to speak with you before your departure. We do try to keep our halls free and clear of things and try to catch all the load ones. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and assure you that these issues have been addressed. We strive to attempt to make each guests stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. From what you said, we did upgrade your room and I apologize that this was not to your satisfaction. I would like to earn your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sara VanBoxel

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels