“Horrible”

Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Billings
GILLETTE
“Horrible”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This Hotel is disgusting!!!! The carpet is peeling up and dirty and disgusting!! The tiles in the bathroom are absolutely filthy and disgusting! The cleanliness was terrible! The food was no better. Carbs, carbs and more carbs what would you like for breakfast! There was no nutritional value whatsoever! $90/per night!!! This hotel is a complete DIVE!!! oh, and by the way at the special price of $90 you get to pay for the pool extra! Hey idiots, you think the room alone....equiped with bugs is worth so much the pool should cost extra????? Wow, what a steal! NOT!!!! Give me a break!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Sara V, Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Cheryl,
Thank you for your recent comments. I appreciate your comments and have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff and am remedying the situations. We strive to continue to be better and with customers like you making us aware of concerns we can only become better. I apologize for your dissatisfaction and would like to continue to see you in the future. Thank you for your time.
Sara VanBoxel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
CRAWFORD
Reviewed September 22, 2012

When I opened the door to our room I find wet towels on the bathroom floor, the shower is still wet, the bed is unmade...........it's ovious someone was using the room. Went back to the front desk, stood in line ( the lady in front of me had room keys that didn't work) when I told the desk clerk about the room, she said "oh yah, I moved that gal out of that room to another room", she told me I could have another room, but I had decided that I didn't want to stay @ this place, ask for a refund, was told I couldn't get a refund, no where in that check in area was it posted that I couldn't get a refund if I wasn't satisfied. I ask to speck to a manager and was told she was the manager. Right..........it's 9 pm on Fri night......managers don't work those hours.......so now I'm dealling w/ a lier. I left my keys on the desk and walked out,.......called my credit card company and it will be disputed. In the meantime..........I'm letting everyone know about my expericence at Howard Johnson.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels

douglas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Traveling from Wyoming to Montana on a business trip I always like to stay at this property. The staff has always been very nice, welcoming, and very accomadating. I love that there is a breakfast in the morning served early for the early risers. In the past I have traveled to Billings with my family and we have stayed at the Howard Johnson and the kids love the pool! The location of the hotel is great also! If you are looking to have a great nights sleep and a great hotel with friendly staff I would encourage you to try this hotel out as i am never disapointed!

GILLETTE
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The breakfast was good, but too crowded and no place to sit and eat. Room was very small, but for the price it was no problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Miles City
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed in this location before and look forward to it. I did notice this time the chlorine smell from the pool permiated the upstairs. A better ventilation system might be needed. My wife is a diabetic and the majority of the foods offered do not bode well with her diet. Other than that, the faciltiy was clean and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

HELENA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

First, check-in was okay - except one of the electronic keys didn't work, so had to go back to the front desk. Second, the room smelled musty/stuffy, so we had to turn on the air conditioning. Third, the wifi didn't work - there was barely a bar of signal in our room - 252. The plaster in the bathroom was crumbling behind the toilet/next to the tub. There was no hair conditioner provided - just shampoo that wasn't a conditioning shampoo. Then, the printer with the hotel computer for guests in the lobby didn't work and the desk staff didn't offer to help/try to fix it when it was reported. Then, we were "treated" to a loud performance by the people in room 250 in the middle of the night with the bed banging against the wall/moaning. Apples and oatmeal were the only gluten free offerings for breakfast. We both had a skimpy breakfast as a result. At check-out the older woman at the desk was very busy in an office and the younger one was busy visiting with friends, when the older one finally came out and told her we were standing there and to take care of us.

1 Thank KAREN S
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Location was easy to get to and great service and friendly help.Breakfast with the different option for your meal and excellent coffee enjoyed the donuts.The overall outside looks from road was attractive and for parking was plenty as we were late coming back.

Room Tip: the rooms were great on the first floor