“nancy t”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Location was easy to get to and great service and friendly help.Breakfast with the different option for your meal and excellent coffee enjoyed the donuts.The overall outside looks from road was attractive and for parking was plenty as we were late coming back.

Room Tip: the rooms were great on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel has very friendly and helpful staff. It is clean and reasonably priced. It could use a little updating in the sleeping rooms, but was fine. Nice pool and hot tubs! Great slide for the kids.

Room Tip: Go with a room with more than 1 queen bed in having space is important to you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Room was ok, alittle small. Bathroom looked newly painted but never touched up- had obvious places that needed the new paint. Front desk staff was not sure of any attractions in the Billings area (I think if you work in a hotel, you should know what is around the hotel to help the out of towners enjoy the area) and front desk put away an ok breakfast as my family and I were standing there. Also, waffle maker was turned off early then turned back on after someone said something about it. WiFi was down for three different people within 5 mintues of sitting in the lobby.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Below is my original review. After my review I was contacted by Howard Johnson and I am very happy about their response and I will give Howard Johnson hotels another chance in my future travels.
You can tell my these reviews for this hotel that people are either really happy or really disappointed. I think part of this hotel must have been a old hotel that was built on too. If you stay here I would inquire about this and ensure you get a room in the new part.
I am still surprised Howard Johnson corporate would allow this as I am sure they inspect these hotels before allowing there name to be used.

My Origional review:
“Look for another hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012
people found this review helpful
We got into billings late(1 A.M.) and pulled into the first hotel we seen. they had a few rooms left and the worker at the front desk ran our card, and then told us it was a smoking room. the only other rooms left were suites. I asked her to reverse the charge and we would go look elsewhere. She said she couldn't do that and would have to call a manager in.. ughhh.... not good... she told me the rooms don’t' really smell of smoke so we took the room as we were tired. We got to the room and it smelled like a ash tray. the room was in terrible shape. Old carpet, shower curtain holder falling off, stuff on the wall(stains and food), big blotch of paint on the bathroom floor right in the door, caulking coming off the shower/tub. I have never seen a room this horrible and i travel all over the U.S.. I checked the bed and bedding and it was clean. I cannot believe i paid $180 dollars for this...
I will never stay at another Howard Johnson. I think this must have been a old hotel they bought and built on to, but this room should have never been rented out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

wow! with the water slide free breakfast and great price this hotel was just what i was looking for close to eating close to shopping and the room was spacious and clean this hotel met all my needs.!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Got in after 10pm on August 30th 2012. Tired and just wanted to get into our room and relax. Being a holiday weekend they were very full. So we got put in the furthest building away from the lobby and breakfast and the pool facilities. We got into our room and there was a fridge but no microwave as promised. Then we realized the tv didn't work and then when i tried to call the front desk to complain the phone didn't work. So I had to walk through 3 sections of the building and down stairs to the lobby. I have a bad knee so this didn't make me happy. When I got to the desk, she said they were very full and she couldn't get us a microwave tonight(we were only staying 1 night). she then said she could move us to a different room. We moved and were surprised we now had a room with 2 queen beds instead of 1. we were glad that both the TV and phone worked. But in this room there was no microwave or fridge. Later noticed the toilet had been used and not cleaned in quite some time. There was debris on the carpet and the edges looked like they hadn't been vacummed in months(very dusty) so we got our rest and left as soon as we could. Didn't even try the breakfast. Another couple came to the desk and ask for extra towels. They got a few towels but were told they were all out of wahclothes and hand towels. what kind of way is this to run a hotel. I think everyone that had to stay in these conditions should get a refund.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura P
Sara V, Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your most recent response to your most recent stay with us. I apologize for the dissatisfactions you expressed. I am available 24/7 and do apologize that I was not able to speak with you before your departure. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and assure you that these issues have been addressed. We strive to attempt to make each guests stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. I would like to earn your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.