“Friendly and helpful”

Howard Johnson Billings
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The clerks at check in were very helpful and friendly when another motel was not. We were getting rooms at the last minute. The manager was also very friendly and helped with our room rates. The rooms were clean and quiet. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great place to stay for the price. The kids loved the pool and I loved being able to sit in the hottub watching them play. Great continental breakfast in the morning, and pleasant staff. We will definitley stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Although not a fancy hotel, it was exceptional for the price. Very clean, the front desk and housekeeping people were extremely nice and accomodating. will definitely stay again

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have filed a formal complaint with Howard Johnson and here is my story. I have used the Wyndham website many times to compare prices for their different hotel chains ahead of time for traveling and have not ever had a problem, before this hotel. We were not sure how far we would be traveling that day since you never know about the weather during Christmas time so I looked at hotels in several towns, the day before but didn't book anything. The online advertised AAA price was listed as $67.49 and no where did it state it was an internet only rate. When I arrived at the hotel and gave her my AAA number, the first price she quoted me was $99.99 and I knew that was way more than any hotel I had looked at and I told the girl this. She then found a rate of $89.99 which she gave me even though I was sure it was still too high but it was 9:30 at night and I was traveling with 3 small children so left it at that and went to my room and checked the online price again. The online price was still $67.49 so if I had booked the room out in the parking lot I would have saved over $20. When I told someone at the desk the next morning, she told me there was nothing she could do. She seemed to be a little stressed and was slow at restocking the breakfast area. When I contacted Howard Johnson, they said they have no control over individual hotels. I feel they should keep better tabs on individual hotels because I now have no desire to stay at another HoJo due to their dishonesty in advertised prices. We also did not use the pool because a $1.50/person is a ripoff. This is another item they do not advertise. If they actually gave you the room for the advertised price, I would say the hotel is okay for that but it was not worth the price I paid. I will stay somewhere else the next many times I am in Billings.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shepherd12
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stopped at the Hojo in Billings on our way to Great Falls, MT. We were able to check-in without having reservations and our room was comfortable and spacious for 2 adults and 1 child. The indoor pool had a pool slide and was $1.50 for use. Wifi access was available in our room and even though we were close to the pool, we could not hear the noise when our door was closed. There was a discrepancy with the price listed for military on the website versus what we were charged at check-in, but overall we had a pleasant experience here. It was also close to gas stations, and restuarants, which we found to be very nice.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Customer service was A-1. Forgot electronics and guess what, still there when I called. Manager Sarah even offered to mail it 810 miles back to me. Very trustworthy place! Every time I called the desk to ask for something(coffee, toothbrush) someone ran it to me. They are very accomidating to their customers!!!

Room Tip: Trustworthy, very nice pool, hot tub and sauna area. Great continental breakfast. Easy acces to rest...
Reviewed January 7, 2012

After staying at this Howard Johnson we have learnt a valuable lesson - never stay in a room by an entrance, or by vending/ice machine or near a pool entrance. We hardly got any sleep due to rude people talking loudly late at night around the vending machines (as well as the clatter of ice waking us up) and the room being extraordinarily hot. The room, 162, was clean and comfortable. The rollaway bed we were given for my 11 year old daughter was an old wire mattress that anyone over 30 pounds would have been uncomfortable on, so it was useless to us and she ended up in our beds. The pool (with waterslide) had a $1.50 charge per person to use it, supposedly for insurance purposes (we have never come across this before and have travelled extensively staying in motels/hotels across the USA) as well has having to sign an indemnity form - don't you usually have one or the other?! The lobby had a little bookshelf of books/board games to borrow, which was a nice touch. Breakfast had a good selection and on the whole I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 162 if you want a quiet night's sleep.