“Fun!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We took our 8 year old son and a friend to the waterpark. They had a blast..... even I enjoyed the waterslides. Not too crowded, clean, friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your candid response, we are pleased that you had an great time and I will pass on your compliments to our staff.

Hardin, Montana
“spendy”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

nice rooms little high on price as it didn't inclued adissom to water park, 10.00 more per person so 40 dollars a day more other wise very good

Visited June 2012
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for you candid comments. We are pleased that we met your expectations. We do not include waterpark passes in our hotel rates as during the school season the park is not open every day and to include the passes in our regular rates would price us out of the market. We do have packages available that are inclusive of passes for future reservations. Thank you for your business.
Billings, Montana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Tons of Fun!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

For the same price almost as a movie, you can ride the slides and younger kids can ride on smaller slides! The kids play area has a big bucket that dumps water on them, slides, water cannons, etc. There are activity pools where you have to get across on Lilly pads or can shoot hoops. They have a wave pool, with tubes. The larger slides have single and double tubes for one and the other is no tubes. They have concessions at a reasonable price. (No outside food or drinks.) Also, they will let you leave and come back if you want to eat outside or go somewhere else. A great way to wear kids out and for exercise! They have punch card deals, season passes, and other deals, as well as do birthday parties.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Gailsgmom
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for you wonderful comments. We love it when families have a great time and would love to have you return.
Helena, Montana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“What an Experience-ugh”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Our party consisted of 2 adults, one of which was disabled, and 3 children and one baby. The only room available to us was a disability room with a king size bed and a sofa bed. The room was very small. As soon as we checked in the kids wanted to watch tv before going to the water park. The tv was very difficult to operate to get to the regular channels and not inadvertently buying a movie or the adult channel. The one good thing about the room was the bathroom; it was very large. In fact the kids delighted in running in and out of the bathroom, it was so big. I just wish the rest of the room had as much space. For being a disability room, the bed was so high, I could not get up on it and I'm of average height and the disabled person. I slept on the sofa bed which was sort of comfortable as far as sofa beds go.

After settling down into our room, we got ready to go to the water park. I was surprised to find out that even though we were guests of the hotel, we had to pay to go to the water park! On the way out of the door to the front desk, my oldest granddaughter shut her finger in the door. The front desk was no help in getting ice for her finger. They handed us a bag and gave us instructions for where the ice machine was. There were 3 young people behind the counter, I expected at least one of them to get out from behind the counter and help with a crying little girl to get ice.

After getting ice and getting my granddaughter's finger better, we paid for the water park and started on the long walk. Once inside the water park, what a shock, the noise was deafening. We looked all over for a place to sit and to put our things and was surprised to see a lack of chairs and such for the amount of people in the park. Finally, we found 2 chairs and a little table. At least I could sit down and put the baby's carrier on the table. My daughter took the 2 younger girls over to the counter to get life jackets and was gone more than 30 minutes. When she returned she told me, the water park didn't have enough jackets they had to wait in line for jackets to be returned and then doled out. You'd think a place like that would have a very large supply of jackets. With jackets on the girls were gone in an instant to the different areas of the park. After awhile both girls came back complaining they could go in the jacuzzi. A man asked how old they were and they told him they were 6 and they were told they were too young. We later found out 6 was the cut off age for the jacuzzi. They could have gone in. All in all the girls had a good time at the water park until it came time to eat. I'm not sure of the prices of the other food, but I had a chili hot dog and it was $6. Six dollars for a warm dog and cold chili with nacho cheese poured on it. On the way out of the water park I picked up a brochure that advertised the water park and it said it was 80 degrees every day. I can tell you it was not 80 degrees in the water park. I later asked the girls about the water and the 3 of them said it was cold. In fact, the one always had blue lips everything she came out of the water.

We were at the water park for 3 hours and what made us leave was the action of a particular guest. There was another little girl there who was going around pushing and shoving other kids. My granddaughter was shoved into a pool and suffered scrapes on the tops of both feet and one knee. Since they the scrapes were bleeding we decided to leave. Back in the hotel room the kids started comparing stories about the girl who had pushed the hurt one and it seemed each one had met with a similar fate with her. My daughter had to run over to Wal-Mart to buy band aids.

The next morning we got up and went to the free breakfast provided for hotel guests. I'm glad it was for free. Everything was cold; eggs, potatoes, sausage. The cheese provided as a topping wouldn't even melt. The only bright spot was when they ran out of Fruit Loops cereal, a worker quickly went and got more for my granddaughter. The kids enjoyed the breakfast very much. They got their fill of cereal and my one granddaughter was in 7th heaven over the bagels. She ate 3!

Finally we got checked out of the hotel. We had plans to return later in the afternoon to the waterpark after a day of shopping; but after shopping and thinking about the not so great time we had there, we elected to find a grassy area with trees and let the kids run around there for the time being until Dad was available and finished with his work and available to go out to dinner. The kids actually had more fun running around in the grass and the baby was able to be out of his carrier and it was for free. When we told the oldest child she could come back in June for her birthday, she said no thanks. So even a 9 going on 10 year old knew the water park was that great of a deal.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank navy055
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your candid comments. I am sorry that your stay was not as enjoyable as you had expected. Booking at the last minute does not give you a very big variety of rooms to choose from and our staff should have made it known to you that this room would not accomodate 6 people. I will address that issue with them right away. The temperature of the park is 82 degrees, the water is also the same temperature which can make a person feel cold because they are wet and the temperature is the same. I do not condone children that bully and when we are made aware we do try to help with the situation, and parenting is very important when dealing with other children. I am so sorry that your grandchild smashed her finger and I apologize that our staff was not attentive to her in this situation. I do hope she is doing better. Again, Thank you for your comments they will help our staff to understand.
Billings
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Once again...HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Yet once again we paid a ridiculous amount of money to take our son to the indoor water park. Once again, he couldn't use all the slides, and for a first, we were thrown out of the hot tub as we sat in there WITH him and rudely told that next time make sure he was 48" before trying to get in again. He was checked out at the front desk and was 48" with his shoes on-yes without his shoes he was 47-1/2" and we were kicked out...No joke...
Good luck money better spent elsewhere! Try the Billings Hotel.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank BillingsJove
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you for you comments. Safety rules are in place so that you and your family have a safe experience when at the Reef. Our primary concern is the safety of your child. Heat stroke is very quick and little bodies even quicker. I am sure you know your child better than we do and what they can handle but if there is question of safety we will always side on safety first. Having your child measured with his shoes on will not change his height in the pool and again we want him to have fun safely. Please accept my apology for any rudeness you may have experienced and I hope you understand that the rules are not to make your experience bad, but just the opposite.