“Real Mexican Food”
Review of Guadalajara

Guadalajara
Ranked #71 of 360 Restaurants in Billings
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This place was a real good change. We have 4 preteen kids and wanted a change from the usual travel kids meal. You can only have so much pizza, hamburger and chicken strips. This place had 6 great kids meals and 4 pages of authentic mexican food. (I needed a little help with the menu) They have some great combo meals. The Fajitas were bigger than I could eat. The restaurant was clean nice. A little dated from early 80's. Some chairs showing the years but ok. Bathrooms very clean. Waiter was a hoot. Really wanted our time there great. The phone book has some great coupons for them. The 6 of us ate well for $50. We could of ate cheaper but had a hard 10 hour drive with very little stop so we went for a larger dinner. Suggest giving it a try. PS you need to like mexican atmosphere. NOT a Taco Bell.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Having lived in S. California for many years, I believe I know good Mexican food. While maybe not up to the best SoCal or Santa Fe standards (it isn't new wave or exotic cooking), the downtown Billings restaurant is a good family style Mexican eatery. Ingredients seem fresh, they make their own molé which is great, and the service is good. It's far better than Santa Fe Red's and most/all others in town. I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I had the Shrimp Diablo. Bland and boring. All of the food I and my guest had was very frozen food style food.

1  Thank Diveplan
Reviewed January 2, 2009

The restaurant located downtown has genuine Mexican food and the atmosphere is cozy and traditional. The food tastes pretty authentic (authentic for Montana anyway). The complementary chips and salsa taste homemade, although I found the salsa a little runny for my taste. Overall, it's worth trying!

Been to Guadalajara? Share your experiences!