“Kinda Dirty”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #180 of 341 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At HuHot Mongolian Grill, you control your destiny. Create your own Asian stir fry from our selection of fresh meats, noodles, vegetables and Asian-inspired sauces, then watch as it's cooked on our grill of epic proportions. A unique Mongolian BBQ experience for the whole family!
south dakota
“Kinda Dirty”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

It could use some cleaning. The salad tonges where not clean and had to ask for a clean one. I did take my food to go as I was eating alone

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank katielr
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thanks for taking the time and letting us know about your visit. We understand that cleanliness is one of the biggest concerns for the food line and we work hard to keep it up. Sometimes we fall short as it sounds like we did today. We'll continue to work hard to provide the best possible dining experience for all of our guests and in the future feel free to speak to a manager on site about any concerns you might have so we can immediately address them.

Billings, Montana
“Our FAVORITE family Restaurant in Billings”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The BEST place to eat in Billings for Asian food. Excellent wait staff, excellent variety of beverages AND food. Reasonable prices. Great Atmosphere. Even my picky eater loves to come here.

• Visited October 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your kinds words. We do have a lot of families who enjoy HuHot. The kids love watching the cooks work their magic on the grill. There's so many different things for them to eat and of course, the most important part, we have Smores.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts on how we're doing and we'll keep working hard to make sure every visit you have is great.
Seattle, Washington
“Really Great!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Really Great dinner if you have an appetite! Good pricing for the large amount of food you get. They grill right in front of you which is fun to see and our kids always love that aspect of it. The food quality is great and we will be back again next time We are in Billings.

• Visited February 2014
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hey Dave! Thanks for your very kind comments about your visit! We're glad to hear we're hitting the mark and our guests are leaving happy! I hope you enjoy all your future visits as well. We look forward to serving you again.

If you don't end up making it to Billings for awhile you could always get your HuHot fix at our Spokane location! It's much less of a trek and I know you'll find the same great service and atmosphere there. :)
Stoughton, Wisconsin, United States
“Mixed Review”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was a reasonably clean restaurant, something important to me personally. The server was friendly, when he chose to make an appearance. The grill guys were fun and personable. I thought the proteins were very low quality, however, and found it odd that there was a large mix of Hispanic items. I love Hispanic food but I was, after all, supposedly at a Mongolian grill. The large variety of sauces were well labelled and everything I tried was pretty good. I also thought it was a bit off that they chose loud country music to play as a backdrop for customer conversation...at a Mongolian grill. Would I go back? Probably. But with far less enthusiasm than my first visit.

• Visited February 2014
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for the review Cindy. We always value feedback from our guests.

I am slightly confused about the comments regarding Hispanic items. I'm wondering which items in particular you think are Hispanic?

We have over 20+ different types of fruits and vegetables, 13 House sauces, and 11 Sauce Addons that our guests can use to create a custom meal to their liking. I'm wondering why you think a majority or large portion of them are Hispanic inspired. I'm sure there are a multitude of cultures that could lay claim to food made with certain ingredients. We certainly lean towards Asian themed flavors in our sauces of course.

As for the music I wish we could pick something that would appeal to everyone but I'm sure there would always be someone who would appreciate a different style. We are in Montana though and a lot of our guests love it. That being said we don't always play country music and perhaps the next time you come in you'll hear something more to your liking.

Thanks again for the feedback and we'll work hard to make sure your next visit nets us those last two stars. If there was anything else about your visit you wanted to discuss feel free to call the restaurant and ask for me. I'd be happy to assist.
Champaign, Illinois
“Lots of choices”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed watching the cooks and how they flipped their spatulas around! I told them I was Vegetarian and the waitress made sure she told the cooks to expect my dish so it could be prepared on a separate part of the grill! I enjoyed mixing sauces together to create my own custom dish as thee were plenty of vegetarian choices!

Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks for your kind words! I'm a vegetarian too so I know the struggles of finding the right dishes when dining out. Here at HuHot we pride ourselves in accommodating the dietary needs of our guests. We know everyone who dines out is looking for just the right experience and we try to do that for everyone!

I'm glad you were informed of the preparation of the grill prior to having your food cooked. A lot of our guests aren't aware of the lengths we'll go to ensure you get what you want. Cleaning the grill down to silver is just one of many ways we can help our guests with special dietary requests to ensure a satisfying experience.

We look forward to serving you again and don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything more we can do to accommodate your needs.