“Awesome!”

Ranked #156 of 345 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Description: At HuHot Mongolian Grill, you control your destiny. Create your own Asian stir fry from our selection of fresh meats, noodles, vegetables and Asian-inspired sauces, then watch as it's cooked on our grill of epic proportions. A unique Mongolian BBQ experience for the whole family!
Casper, Wyoming
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived later in the evening for dinner and the staff was still very cheerful and we got great service. The food was amazing! I definitely recommend going to this restaurant when in Billings!

Visited May 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I'm glad you had an awesome experience! Thanks for the taking the time to share it with us. We always appreciate the feedback! We'll keep working hard to make sure every visit you have is just as good as the last!

Chicago, Illinois
“Fresh food and good service - and lots of soda!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been to Hu Hots in other states and this one definitely lived up to the standard. The food service area was clean and the items were fresh and well-stocked. One of the most fun things about the restaurant is that they have the new Coca-Cola machine that dispenses every type of Coca-Cola soda that you can imagine. The waitress was extremely friendly, and she brought me a few samples of sodas before I committed to one because there were just so many I wanted to try! I would surely come back to this Hu Hot!! Thanks!

• Visited February 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We're very glad to hear you enjoyed dining with us! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and I promise we'll strive to maintain the level of service you've come to expect from every HuHot. I'm also glad you enjoyed the Coke Freestyle Machine! It's really awesome! My personal favorites are Vanilla Barq's or the Orange Vanilla Hi-C. I'm happy to hear your server was accommodating in finding you the perfect flavor.

Thanks again! We'll see you next time!
“Fantastic Mongolian Grill & I've been to a lot of em!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm definitely glad I ignored the negative reviews! To me it's all about the food & this place has AWESOME food! And the drink selection is super cool - I got a vanilla Coke Zero! Love that.
I was surprised by the selection & variety of the meat & seafood. I got chicken, shrimp & pork in my first bowl & even threw in a couple sausages. I went nuts with the sauces & was worried it would end up bad, but it was amazing. I went heavy on the peanut sauce & my dish ended up better than my favorite Thai restaurant in Portland. My second bowl was teriyaki, pineapple, veggies & noodles (kind of a sweet desert bowl) and that was fantastic as well.
Price was better than I expected. $8 for lunch and I ate quite a bit. The atmosphere was very nice & kind of hip. I sat over by the TV & watched NCAA Tourney previews!
I'm a travelling sales guy & eat all over the NW. I'm not a food junkie, but I am pretty picky. I don't care about all that service & pampering crap - that's just not why I go eat, but I would say the service was decent here. I'll be coming back here for sure. In fact this place probably ruined me for the rest of Billings.

Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I'm glad you decided to give us a shot and I'm even more happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others and of course, for your kind words! We work hard to make sure all our guests have the best experience and I'm glad you enjoyed yours!

We'll see ya next time and I hope we'll be even better!
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Fun place to eat!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stumbled upon Hu Hot in our travels in the western US, had a fun experience as well as good food! Having returned many times in our travels this is my observation
The concept is simple, choose and gather exactly what you want on your plate, and whatever sauces, if any you'd like, there are a ton of excellent choices and if you don't see something you might want, ask for it, then bring your selections to the grill dome and watch the chef prepare your food right in front of you!
The food is as good as any Asian style restaurant and with the ability to totally construct your meal, any shortcomings pretty much lie with your selections.
We found Hu Hot to be consistent, very reasonably priced and an enjoyable informal dining spot!
If you want stuffy, white tablecloth gourmet, this is not your place, but for a good meal and a somewhat fun and different dining experience Hu Hot is a good choice

• Visited October 2012
Thanks for sharing with us! We always love to hear we're doing things right. We're happy to provide a myriad of ingredients and ways for our customers to enjoy their meals! We're glad you like it!

We'll see you next time and we'll make sure to keep up standard to expect of us!
Billings, Montana, United States
“Great meal every time!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've eaten at Hu Hot dozens of times. The staff is always friendly and professional and food is always excellent. I've eaten there by myself for a quick dinner, with co-workers at lunch, or had large family dinners there and its a great location for any of it. We even went with my very picky young niece and nephews. Because you get to choose exactly what you want in your bowl, the kids were thrilled, they loved the chopsticks and the manager took extra care to get them "helpers" for their chopsticks to make it an even more fun experience. They had a blast watching the cooks flip their spatulas and everyone went home with very full tummies.
Certain days of the week there are sometimes special items at the grill like shrimp or fried rice. Otherwise you have a choice of several types of noodles, meats, veggies, and of course sauces. You can get a bowl of steamed rice brought to your table as well. Truly it lets you get exactly the flavors you want.
For new people or people who like to mix it up, there is a rack of suggestion cards by the grill with sauce, veggie and meat pairings to guide you. Pick a card, take it with you through the line and enjoy!
The atmosphere is brightly colored with cool dragon murals and they always have great music playing.
I will eat here again and again. I love it!

• Visited March 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience! We're glad you enjoy it here and we'll continue to work hard to make sure that you enjoy all your future visits as well.

You should also make sure your niece and nephews try the Smores next time they're in! If they like chopstick helpers they'll just love cooking up some Smores right on the table!