“Fun place to eat!”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #182 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At HuHot Mongolian Grill, you control your destiny. Create your own Asian stir fry from our selection of fresh meats, noodles, vegetables and Asian-inspired sauces, then watch as it's cooked on our grill of epic proportions. A unique Mongolian BBQ experience for the whole family!
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Fun place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stumbled upon Hu Hot in our travels in the western US, had a fun experience as well as good food! Having returned many times in our travels this is my observation
The concept is simple, choose and gather exactly what you want on your plate, and whatever sauces, if any you'd like, there are a ton of excellent choices and if you don't see something you might want, ask for it, then bring your selections to the grill dome and watch the chef prepare your food right in front of you!
The food is as good as any Asian style restaurant and with the ability to totally construct your meal, any shortcomings pretty much lie with your selections.
We found Hu Hot to be consistent, very reasonably priced and an enjoyable informal dining spot!
If you want stuffy, white tablecloth gourmet, this is not your place, but for a good meal and a somewhat fun and different dining experience Hu Hot is a good choice

• Visited October 2012
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for sharing with us! We always love to hear we're doing things right. We're happy to provide a myriad of ingredients and ways for our customers to enjoy their meals! We're glad you like it!

We'll see you next time and we'll make sure to keep up standard to expect of us!

Billings, Montana, United States
“Great meal every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've eaten at Hu Hot dozens of times. The staff is always friendly and professional and food is always excellent. I've eaten there by myself for a quick dinner, with co-workers at lunch, or had large family dinners there and its a great location for any of it. We even went with my very picky young niece and nephews. Because you get to choose exactly what you want in your bowl, the kids were thrilled, they loved the chopsticks and the manager took extra care to get them "helpers" for their chopsticks to make it an even more fun experience. They had a blast watching the cooks flip their spatulas and everyone went home with very full tummies.
Certain days of the week there are sometimes special items at the grill like shrimp or fried rice. Otherwise you have a choice of several types of noodles, meats, veggies, and of course sauces. You can get a bowl of steamed rice brought to your table as well. Truly it lets you get exactly the flavors you want.
For new people or people who like to mix it up, there is a rack of suggestion cards by the grill with sauce, veggie and meat pairings to guide you. Pick a card, take it with you through the line and enjoy!
The atmosphere is brightly colored with cool dragon murals and they always have great music playing.
I will eat here again and again. I love it!

• Visited March 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience! We're glad you enjoy it here and we'll continue to work hard to make sure that you enjoy all your future visits as well.

You should also make sure your niece and nephews try the Smores next time they're in! If they like chopstick helpers they'll just love cooking up some Smores right on the table!
Montana City, Montana
“Good Variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

While the food bar is good, we usually just order the Chicken Teriyaki Salad. The chicken is cooked on the grill and then the waitperson puts it all together just before serving. Greens, tomatoes, broccoli, almonds, crunchy noodles and even mandarin oranges. I usually can't eat the whole thing so I have a snack for later!
We come here often and the service has always been good. I prefer to sit where I don't have to see the big TV on the wall.

• Visited January 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We're glad you enjoy your visits here! The Chicken Teriyaki Salad is a great option for our diners! We also have a lot of healthy options on the food bar as well. Of course, you can always ask to sit on the other side of the restaurant so you don't have to see the TV. :o) Thanks again for taking the time to share with us and I hope you continue to have great experiences here at HuHot!
Billings, Montana
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I ate at Hu Hot a few days ago, we had a family member in the hospital and were too weary to cook, and had never tried Hu Hot. We had tried to eat there on Superbowl Sunday, but the restaurant was closed. When we did eat there, the first thing we saw while walking in was one of the cooks outside, smoking. That should have been a warning. We weren't impressed. I don't eat meat so I was happy to try a place that has tofu. No manager or host/hostess on duty, just a small lectern with a "Please wait to be seated" sign. We were seated by a waitress who was very attentive throughout our meal. The food/grill area was messy and the food not very tasty. Things that were advertised online as being available (for example, rice) were nowhere to be seen.

The decor and colors were so unattractive they actually detracted from the eating experience. The layout of the restaurant and the flow seemed awkward. There was a banquette which I think was supposed to be a place for waiting customers to sit, but it was piled with coats and what looked like personal items of the staff's. The whole place suffered from a lack of thought as to design and looked like no one cared about how it appeared to the public.

We love Texas Roadhouse and I would suggest you eat there instead.

• Visited February 2013
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions with us on your visit. I wanted to clarify a couple of things for you though. The online ingrediant list, as is clearly stated on the website, varies, by location. Not every HuHot has every ingrediant on the list. Certain produce/meats are impossible to get in certain locales. Certain locations also may have items specific to their area that customers may enjoy in that region. As for rice, we always have it available. On request. All you have to do is ask. We're even in the process of bringing in brown rice as a second, healthier option.

We're also sorry you didn't enjoy our decor. The murals are hand painted by a local montana artist in all HuHots across the country. They are based on Mongolian folk tales. The kids always get a big kick out of the dragons.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and if you'd like to talk with me at the restaurant please feel free to call. We'd love to hear from you and help resolve your problems to whatever degree we can.
“this place is horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a dirty restaurant with old food splattered on the walls. They use very low quality ingredients, especially the meats and have pathetically poor service... Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??? Yup, it's that bad...

This place is interesting because you go up to a food bar and gather the meats, veggies and sauces you want for your meal, then bring them to a guy that dumps it on a flattop grill... So when you return to your table and realize that the food is inedible you think "maybe I'm to blame, because I chose the ingredients of this culinary abortion. But please don't blame yourself, I want you to know that the meats and sauces are of such poor quality that a tag-team of Hubert Keller, Masaharu Morimoto and the ghost of Julia Child couldn't salvage a respectable dish from this place.

Basically, I'm trying to tell you this place is bad...

• Visited December 2012
Dustin M, General Manager at HuHot Mongolian Grill, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We're sorry to hear about your visit sir. If you'd like to give us a call at the restaurant we'd like to talk about your visit and be given the opportunity to correct it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention anyway and we'll work hard to do better in the future.